Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Lower shock bolt size/dimensions

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2008, 5:23 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lower shock bolt size/dimensions

hey there,
I was installing a rough country 2" suspension lift on my truck(98 silverado ext. cab 350) when to my luck, i break both heads off the lower arm shock mounting bolts. they both were so rusted in place, the heads just snapped. If it is possible to find out where i can get teh dimensions of those bolts such as size, thread size and length, because i need them soon. right now, my front is riding on a bad spring and a shock that isnt mounted. well both springs are artards...hence im gettin all new shocks and blocks(minor blocks). IF YOU could please help me...that wouls be awesome. if you can tell me teh size your self or where to get a confident result that actually works. thanks again
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:57 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lower shock bolt size/dimensions

Do you have the bolt out now? If so, just take both pieces of the bolt to the hardware store and match it up to a new bolt. If the bolt still won't come out with the head broken off, then you have other problems that you need to fix first.
Old March 9th, 2008, 1:14 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about that... um...the rest of the bolt is stuck in the hole and the head is just gone... they were in there good. thats why i just need a web site or somethin that can tell me teh dimensions so i can get the highest grade then take the old ones out... but thanks for the post.
Old March 9th, 2008, 5:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try a get some from a local shop that installs shocks, I'm sure they run into this problem a lot.