Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

LTZ HVAC Module

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2012, 1:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTZ HVAC Module

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has had issues with their HVAC module in a 2010 Silverado LTZ (the one with the dual zone temp control, auto climate control, etc). Currently my truck in in the shop getting ANOTHER one removed and replaced--the first one was replaced in January of this year. When it is dying my outside temp just shows dashes, the module buttons freeze up, my air conditioner goes on and off on its own volition, and the vents blow at whatever speed and temp they feel like, though the vent speed/temp doesn't change on the screen. The module light brightness will also freeze--at night when I'm adjusting the interior lights down, the module brightness won't adjust with the rest of the lights. I'm not sure if this is going to be a recurring problem, any thoughts would be much appreciated (luckily I am still under warranty for about 15k miles). Thanks!
Old August 9th, 2012, 8:47 PM
CF Active Member

I have an 08 ltz and I'm pretty sure it is the same system. I have only had my truck for a few k miles (currently 72k miles). So far no problems, keeping my fingers crossed. What are they replacing? the actual button screen or is there another component they are replacing?
Old August 9th, 2012, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

All I've been told is the "HVAC Module," I'm pretty sure it's just the buttons and screen? I'm not sure if theres a fuse loose or something is shorting out in the wiring and causing them to die....I'm wondering if I should be contacting GM about it--because replacing this every 7 months once the warranty ends is bound to get expensive!
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by WPChrome215
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has had issues with their HVAC module in a 2010 Silverado LTZ (the one with the dual zone temp control, auto climate control, etc). Currently my truck in in the shop getting ANOTHER one removed and replaced--the first one was replaced in January of this year. When it is dying my outside temp just shows dashes, the module buttons freeze up, my air conditioner goes on and off on its own volition, and the vents blow at whatever speed and temp they feel like, though the vent speed/temp doesn't change on the screen. The module light brightness will also freeze--at night when I'm adjusting the interior lights down, the module brightness won't adjust with the rest of the lights. I'm not sure if this is going to be a recurring problem, any thoughts would be much appreciated (luckily I am still under warranty for about 15k miles). Thanks!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. Please keep me posted on the results of your dealer repair.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 10th, 2012, 8:16 PM
CF Active Member

Well, I think you should call GM and start a claim. I don't think you are within the Lemon Law, but i would demand an extension on the warranty for the components they are constantly replacing.