Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   Need help with a Skipping problem??? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/need-help-skipping-problem-28038/)

mike1 November 15th, 2009 10:28 AM

Need help with a Skipping problem???

OK i got a 2002 chevy full size pickup with a 4.3 motor in it. This is the problem that i am having u can start the truck up runs fine you can take off from a red light or just your drive way and it starts to spit and sputter like its miss firing but when you press the gas down more it runs great? Now i have a code that pops up that it tells me that it is the crank sensor and cam sensor. I have replaced both of them and put new plugs,cap,button, and TPS. Some times the check engine light will go off but it still does the same thing and the it will come back on but the codes are the same crank and cam sensor? I am stuck on this and really would like some help i do not know what else to do?

Thanks
Mike

therewolf November 15th, 2009 12:21 PM

Hi mike1,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

Pop off your air cleaner and clean the MAF sensor. Won't cost ya nothin'.

desrtrat November 15th, 2009 3:13 PM

Originally Posted by rivereye (Post 120753)
Hi mike1,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

Pop off your air cleaner and clean the MAF sensor. Won't cost ya nothin'.

and clean your throttle body while your intake tube is off..

good luck

mike1 November 15th, 2009 3:16 PM

Originally Posted by desrtrat (Post 120762)
and clean your throttle body while your intake tube is off..

good luck

Thanks
Well i tried that and still having the same problems?? The truck only has 125000 on it?

s34n November 16th, 2009 8:37 PM

i had a problem similar to this with my blazer that had the 4.3 in it. check your connections to each plug and make sure each wire from the cap is ran correctly. any misconfiguration will cause a misfire and your skipping problem.

mike1 November 17th, 2009 4:27 PM

Originally Posted by s34n (Post 120855)
i had a problem similar to this with my blazer that had the 4.3 in it. check your connections to each plug and make sure each wire from the cap is ran correctly. any misconfiguration will cause a misfire and your skipping problem.

I have checked that and they are all new wires?

Speedy650 November 17th, 2009 7:17 PM

pop each one off and then back on. sometimes that works.

therewolf November 18th, 2009 10:07 AM

Oh, ONLY 125000 miles. Well, then.

My best guess is your MAF sensor is faulty. Thread search this section for testing instructions.

Once again, won't cost ya nothin'.

mike1 November 18th, 2009 10:27 PM

ok i took it to the parts house to get the code checked out and the code # p0300 random cylinder misfire?

mwaterman July 2nd, 2011 1:31 PM

Hi Mike, I had the same problems with my 97 4.3, I did everything you did with the same results. I did a lot more checking and found out that there is a history of worn distributor gears with the 4.3. Mine was worn badly which throws off the timing which is set by the computer, which gets the info from the cam and crank sencors. good luck.