Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The new guy

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2014, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new guy

So this is my first pickup truck and I went with a Chevrolet. It's old, it's used, and it's ugly, but it's a truck. I intend to put some money into her for now out of necessity to make her legal and later...well there's just something about her that inspired me to make her pretty again.
She's a '94 C1500 Cheyenne with a long bed and standard cab and it looked like she sat for awhile on a farm. I don't mean she's a rusty metal nightmare. I mean to say she hasn't been turned over in awhile. The smell of gas disappeared after about 5 miles on the interstate and I gave the pedal a heavy foot to burn up the old gas inside the tank. She ran good and straight. My first bit of concern is that her speedometer and gas gauge are dead. The cluster works minus those two items. There's a check engine light burning bright but I'm not to concerned with that. I imagine I can run that down pretty fast. My second concern, yep you guessed it. The transmission. After that initial jerk from first to second her Automatic transmission runs smooth. I figure a bunch of Chevy enthusiast could point me down the right path of truck glory before I get in over my head. So does anyone thing this truck is worth my time and money or is she destined for a permanent future of heavy oxidation.
Old February 19th, 2014, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Mbw1978
So this is my first pickup truck and I went with a Chevrolet. It's old, it's used, and it's ugly, but it's a truck. I intend to put some money into her for now out of necessity to make her legal and later...well there's just something about her that inspired me to make her pretty again.
She's a '94 C1500 Cheyenne with a long bed and standard cab and it looked like she sat for awhile on a farm. I don't mean she's a rusty metal nightmare. I mean to say she hasn't been turned over in awhile. The smell of gas disappeared after about 5 miles on the interstate and I gave the pedal a heavy foot to burn up the old gas inside the tank. She ran good and straight. My first bit of concern is that her speedometer and gas gauge are dead. The cluster works minus those two items. There's a check engine light burning bright but I'm not to concerned with that. I imagine I can run that down pretty fast. My second concern, yep you guessed it. The transmission. After that initial jerk from first to second her Automatic transmission runs smooth. I figure a bunch of Chevy enthusiast could point me down the right path of truck glory before I get in over my head. So does anyone thing this truck is worth my time and money or is she destined for a permanent future of heavy oxidation.
Try moving to the right section in the forum.
Old February 19th, 2014, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Mbw1978
Try moving to the right section in the forum.
Oh. Thanks self. That's what I call you because you're me.