Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

New strange sound when opening door

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2014, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New strange sound when opening door

So Ive been hearing this strange sound once in a while, more like atleast twice a month. I have my first service date at the end of March so I'll most likely bring it up to the service dept but in the mean time maybe somebody can answer this for me.

It only happens in the morning in the A.M just before I go to work(the truck sits for a good 17 hours before I start it the next day).

I'd unlock the door, open the door and hear this strange light buzzing sound, almost as if there was a flock of bees behind the dash or better yet just before starting up an old diesel ya know those old "grillin *****". I heard it again this morning, and I believe its coming from the (beginning) of the driver side dash, just between where the door meets. Now the ONLY thing I can think of is, its been relatively cold here for the past 3 months which is as long as ive had the truck and maybe some kind of sensor to tell the computer its cold? I don't have a chime Im aware about other than if I change my light setting other than "auto" and take the key out. So far it only seems to happen in the A.M which temperatures have seen -2 to 10 degrees.

I cant even imagine to think what it could be maybe someone can help?

Last edited by NJNICKF87; March 5th, 2014 at 4:16 PM.
Old March 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello NJNICKF87,

I understand you are looking for advice from other forum members regarding this concern. If it is still present when you are in for service at your dealership the end of the month and you would like our involvement while working with your dealer, please let us know. We are more than happy to assist anyway that we can. Please feel free to send a private message our way so we can further discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 6th, 2014, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello NJNICKF87,

I understand you are looking for advice from other forum members regarding this concern. If it is still present when you are in for service at your dealership the end of the month and you would like our involvement while working with your dealer, please let us know. We are more than happy to assist anyway that we can. Please feel free to send a private message our way so we can further discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting)
Chevrolet Customer Care
great! I don't know how serious the problem is, it doesn't seem to effect anything else. But come march 29th I'll bring it to there attention. And knowing my luck it won't happen haha, but thank you for your concern!