Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

No Dash Lights!!

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2015, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Dash Lights!!

Hey folks,
I thought I would post a problem I had, and the solution, maybe save someone some time.
The Truck: 2000 Chevy 2500 4x4 long bed, 6.0 engine
The problem: While driving one evening, my dash lights went out. Gauges still worked, but I needed a flashlight to see them. During the day, all was fine, but I could not read the dash board at night. While I may understand that reading the speedometer was overrated, I felt concerned since I could not read my oil, temp, and trans temp gauges. https://chevroletforum.com/forum/ima...lies/smile.gif
Every time I manually turned on the lights, or the lights turned on automatically, I lost my dash lights, including my lights on the radio.

I first thought the problem might be the gauge cluster off to get fixed. I was told the gauges checked out fine, and there was no problem (and no charge. Thanks, guys!)
After reading some more, I changed out the switch, what Chevy calls the "headlamp switch". About $70 later, I took only about 2 minutes and swapped out the switch, and I now have dash lights. The switch is easy to change, and it added safety to my ride...