Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

No Interior Lights in '99 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2014, 4:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Interior Lights in '99 Silverado

I noticed the other day that the dome lights in my truck stopped working for no apparent reason. I checked both fuse panels and couldn't find any that where blown out. It doesn't matter if the door is open or if I try to turn them on manually, there is nothing. Also, when I turn the headlights on, the display flashes that the cargo light is on but now that doesn't not work at all either, even if I push the button. I am really at a lost to what the problem could be and it's frustrating not having any light when its dark outside. The headlights, taillights, and DRL are all working as they should. I have heard that in the '99 silverados the headlight override button only controls the interior lights but could that be the problem? Is it possible that there is something wrong with the switch or maybe a sensor that detects when the door is open? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.