Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:29 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

no power door lock,no power windows,mirror remote stopped workin

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum BrianC

You might try a simple reset of everything by disconnecting the battery for several minutes and resetting the control modules....
Old August 13th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.2 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> Check out the fuses and just checked for juice to the lead into the connector in the door there is juice in there, so I would think its the window motor, although some have said it could be the regulator, but it appears I will have to go to a shop. The master switch is in between the seats on this model.
Old August 13th, 2010, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

I fixed the problem on my avalanche, it was the passneger side window/lock/mirror switch assembly. changed it out and now it works. The key fobs can be relinked by holding down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the door locks cycle.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

Exclamation 2004 Silverado drivers door locks, mirror & door light quit working

I see this is a common problem with the door locks, mirror and door light not working on one door... mine being the drivers door. This started with the key FOB slowly not working. I disconnected the battery for a couple of hours, and to my surprise everything worked fine again. That is until I got home and when I put the truck in park, the drivers door did not unlock. Back to square one. Tried disconnecting the battery again... no luck. Does anyone have a fix??? This is very annoying!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

So, other than the one 'fix' being the passenger side window/door switch; have there been any other solutions to the 'no fob, no power to window or door locks issue', or has everyone replaced the door/window switch and have that fix the problem?

<EDIT><EDIT><edit> I just found a tsb that applies to this issue on the PASSENGER DOOR..... (the number is 03 08 52 001C).
It appears that no parts may be necessary; it is a software issue.

Thanks!

Last edited by kurtibm; August 23rd, 2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: update
Old September 8th, 2011, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

In case anyone is using the 'search' function and has the same issue, this TSB DID solve my issue with the passenger door. Do NOT let the stealership try and sell you parts - it is a software issue.
It may even make sense to take your truck to a Buick dealer (who has the GM computer, but not the parts) - they may be less likely to try and sell you parts that they do not have readily available.
Old June 28th, 2013, 8:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

i know this is a old topic but i just got a 2004 chevy silverado ls 4wd. and i am having problems like this. it started out that the left window wouldnt work at all but then like the next day it would work then it has stopped all together. but then this wk the left door lock switch stopped out of the blue. like 1 day it work then 3 days later of the truck not being used at all the door lock stopped working.

either by remote or the left side door switch. then i notice today that the power left side mirror doesnt work either. but all of the right side function work from the driver door armrest switches. i can work the right side window and door lock and mirror all from the leftside and right side as well.

the remote does work the right side lock but so far all of the left side function no longer work at all. i have been going over the haynes manual from the truck and the user manual that came with the truck. i check most of the fuses that i could find for the door/window but so far they have checked out good via ohm meter and looking at it.

the 1 thing that i am not sure of is the CB LT DOOR relay and since auto zone doesnt have the same item so i couldnt get a new 1 to see if it was the problem. but i dont know if it could be since 3 item on the left door are dead and from what i have traced in the haynes electrical schematics show that they dont share a fuse or power just the body module .

so i am at a lost as where to go from here with out going to the chevy dealer which would cost as much as i paid for the truck, just wish i kept my 96 chevy truck cause the window/door never stopped working on it beside it just has 103k mile on it and this 2004 has over 173k miles on it..

and help will be gratefully appreciated and what/where/how to go from here..

i have a ddm fuse check yet but also on my truck on the left side fuse panel next to the door hinge i dont have a fuse that ios marked LOCK or LOCK(relay) or DRIVER UNLOCK which does show on the owner manual but on my truck the spot for them is not even wired for a fuse or what ever. plus that CB LT DOOR 25amp relay i check it with my ohm meter and it shows that it is good or not an open circuit. since it is a breaker it should show a short type reading so i think that it is good.

also the post above here said something about a TSB ? what is that?
Old June 29th, 2013, 4:39 PM
CF Junior Member

well last night i took the assembly switch out on the left side. and try to remove it from the plastic molding and it came apart, the whole switch assembly.. but i remove the rest of the switch from the molding. and the circuit board looks really nasty, dust and such. but i got it back together but nothing changed. the control for all of the driver side door do not work but the right side still works from the driver controls..

so i call napa and they have it for like 213.00 but it will take a wk. but if it not the problem i am stuck with it. and chevy dealer want 240 and the same deal applies .
i dont know if the 2 junk yard in my town would have this yr truck let alone the switch assembly that will work.

but i dont know if it is even the problem since it acts like there no power to it but yet the right side work from either door switchs so i am still stuck at what or where to go from here.
Old July 1st, 2013, 9:11 AM
CF Beginner

Another free potential solution you may try.
Locate and remove the PDM fuse on the INTERIOR fuse block (left side of dash) for 2 minutes. Re-install and see if there is any change.
But, if the fuse is blown - of course you would replace it with a like amperage fuse.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:22 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by kurtibm
Another free potential solution you may try.
Locate and remove the PDM fuse on the INTERIOR fuse block (left side of dash) for 2 minutes. Re-install and see if there is any change.
But, if the fuse is blown - of course you would replace it with a like amperage fuse.
pulled that fuse out and checked it, it is good and left it out for a 2 minute. put it back and still the same with the door/mirror/window on driver side not working. passenger side still works from the driver control yet.

thanks for trying to help, wish it would have. so far this truck has been a nightmare since i got it a month ago. my other truck i traded for this was a 96 and i had since 2000 and in the 13yrs of owning it the locks/window/mirror never stopped working.

at least i got the ac to work once again and the 4wd buttons to work as well. the 4wd button end up being the TREC fuse under the hood was blown. and ac end up having a small leak, the little valve inside the fill port was leaking i replaced and put freon in it and now its nice and cold.

now if i can get the door stuff work "sigh"

Quick Reply: no power door lock,no power windows,mirror remote stopped workin