Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

p1345 cam shaft pission fault

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2012, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p1345 cam shaft pission fault

i replaced the flywheel and every since my truck has run like crap
i got the code reading p1345 cam shaft passion fault. im not familiar with that what do i do
Old July 30th, 2012, 1:36 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

The power train control module cannot determine the crankshaft, and cam shaft relation position. Did this start after you replaced the flywheel, or is there something else? If it did, did you go back with same flywheel, tranny?
Old July 30th, 2012, 8:49 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to provide much more info. Year, Engine size, why did you replace the flywheel?
Old July 31st, 2012, 4:34 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"IF" this is an automatic, the converter is out of balance with the flywheel, or the flywheel is wrong (external/internaly balanced).

If you're absolutely sure the flywheel is correct, reposition the converter one bolt hole at a time until it cleans up.

The computer is mistakenly inturpeting the 'out of balance' issue as an engine pulse.

Allan
Old August 1st, 2012, 5:03 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
You need to provide much more info. Year, Engine size, why did you replace the flywheel?
i replaced the flywheel because it broke in the center . where the flywheel bolts to the motor that stayed there . and where it bolts to the converter that stayed there it a 1996 chevy silverado 350 5.7 vortec
Old August 1st, 2012, 5:05 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
i replaced the flywheel because it broke in the center . where the flywheel bolts to the motor that stayed there . and where it bolts to the converter that stayed there it a 1996 chevy silverado 350 5.7 vortec
Old August 1st, 2012, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default 96 chevy p13545

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
The power train control module cannot determine the crankshaft, and cam shaft relation position. Did this start after you replaced the flywheel, or is there something else? If it did, did you go back with same flywheel, tranny?

yes it started right after . i changed the plugs the next day it ran good for ten min then when i would come to a stop it will die

i got it from the part store and i held it up to old one the best i could and seemed to match .
Old August 1st, 2012, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

what do you means cleans up? do i need to pull the transmission out
or just take the bolts out of the transmission so i can spin the converter
Old August 1st, 2012, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default 96 chevy p13545

Originally Posted by kevinkpk

yes it started right after . i changed the plugs the next day it ran good for ten min then when i would come to a stop it will die

i got the fly wheel from the part store and i held it up to old one the best i could and seemed to match .
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The flywheel has nothing to do with it. I have replaced dozens of GM flywheels for broken centers, and many dozen GM truck transmissions. If you bolted it all together it is in correctly.You do not have to worry about lining up the torque converter and flywheel any specific way. When you turned the engine over to bolt the torque converter to the flywheel, how did you turn the engine? If you turned it by the crank bolt is it possible you hit the sensor right below the pulley ( it is the crank sensor)? Most of the time this code is set when the distributor has been out or turned. It can be sent if the teeth on the distributor gear are worn heavy also. You need to get a scan tool that can read cam retard to see where it is at, the spec is 0 + or - 2. Without the scan tool you are dead in the water. Even if you start shot gunning parts at it you can not set the "timing". Basically the code is saying the correlation between the cam sensor and crank sensor is wrong. Use the search feature at the top of the page to get more info on p1345

Quick Reply: p1345 cam shaft pission fault