Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 7:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

P1345 Code, cam/crankshaft positioning sensor timing off.

Old February 12th, 2019, 2:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chuck1975 View Post
hello anyone. New member here. I just put a professionally rebuilt 5.0 liter engine in my 1996 K 1500. I'm getting the 1345 code. I can't see where there is any camshaft position sensor, it's simply not there. I have put a new crank position sensor in it, along with every other sensor on the engine. Have spent more on parts and sensors, then the rebuilt engine cost. Truck starts, but it runs not very well. Don't want to have to take it to the dealer.
Chuck1975 the camshaft sensor is in the distributor. I have a freshly rebuilt 350 in my 97 C1500, and I知 getting that code too. So for now I知 kind ruling out that it may be any of the timing chain components, considering that it was professionally rebuilt. I need a new distributor anyway so I知 gonna put a new one in along with a new crankshaft sensor and see if that code clears after that.
Following any progress you make with your 96.
Old February 12th, 2019, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Montana Bass View Post

Chuck1975 the camshaft sensor is in the distributor. I have a freshly rebuilt 350 in my 97 C1500, and I知 getting that code too. So for now I知 kind ruling out that it may be any of the timing chain components, considering that it was professionally rebuilt. I need a new distributor anyway so I知 gonna put a new one in along with a new crankshaft sensor and see if that code clears after that.
Following any progress you make with your 96.
1345 code went away, briefly. Now I get 0 3 0 7, engine misfire on cylinder 7. Don't know if it's a bad injector or pop it. The spark plug looks as if it's brand new, has not got any carbon or black on it from gasoline being in the fuel-Air mix and firing. Forgot to check the compression, while I had that spark plug out. Maybe I tightened one lifter down too far, and one valve is not closing. Just hate the thought of all the labor, to disassemble the intake again.
Old February 12th, 2019, 5:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chuck1975 View Post
1345 code went away, briefly. Now I get 0 3 0 7, engine misfire on cylinder 7. Don't know if it's a bad injector or pop it. The spark plug looks as if it's brand new, has not got any carbon or black on it from gasoline being in the fuel-Air mix and firing. Forgot to check the compression, while I had that spark plug out. Maybe I tightened one lifter down too far, and one valve is not closing. Just hate the thought of all the labor, to disassemble the intake again.
Those spider units are bad about getting stopped up with carbon deposits. There is a MPFI unit you can buy that is a direct swap from the stock unit, it痴 electronically controlled instead of mechanically. But if your not trying to spend any money, you may can just clean the stock unit yourself. I致e never looked into how to properly clean them but I bet that would help