Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

paint peeling

Old February 21st, 2008, 4:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint peeling

I have a 2003 2500hd that has one of those special paint colors. Mine is blue. Earlier this week I went to a local car wash to rinse off whatever salt and or mag was on my vehicle. While rinsing off my roof large pieces of paint started flying off. I got into the bed to inspect and an area about the size of a basketball. There were no impact marks just grey sealcoat. I have chips in the paint in other places and the paint there is not flying off the vehicle.
Old February 21st, 2008, 5:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: paint peeling

Welcome to the forum!!! If it came for the dealer with that paint on it then they should have the paint code, then any good automotive paints show should be able to look up the code and mix up the right paint. More than likely the paint was either just a bad batch, or its because the roof of your truck is where it gets the most sun. Have you ever had the truck detailed or a coat of wax put on it?
Old February 21st, 2008, 8:57 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: paint peeling

Welcome to the forum, is it still under warranty by chance, or do you have an extended plan?