Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

passenger window is stuck!

Old May 5th, 2007, 10:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger window is stuck!

Hi gang, i have a 2003 silverado 1500 and my pass. window is stuck about 80% of the way up. It made some crunching noises and now it only travels about 2" up and down. The other pictures from the jimmi-jammer helped a lot, i am still trying to get my door panel off, ran out of time last night.

i plan on getting the panel off and checking for obstructions in the guides. the motor and switch seem fine, the window is just stuck somehow.

any tips or anything to look out for, and once i do get this window free is there anything i should lubricate the guides with such as lithium grease?

im not much of a mechanic but i need to get this fixed.

also as an aside, my switch panel was held on with one clip towrds the rear, and in the front a plastic bolt with a nut, of course i broke the plastic "bolt". arggh! how they expect you to get this off without breaking it is beyond me.

any thoughts or tips on getting the panel the rest of the way off or what to look for on the guides would help a lot.

the panel seems to be about 90% free but there is something firmly holding the panel in place near the handle area and i havent figured out what it is yet. it might be a nut behind the lock shroud or within the switch cavity, i havent checked those out yet, from that jimmijammer page.

well wish me luck. thanks for reading.
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: passenger window is stuck!

well the screw behind the manual lock mechanism did the trick, the panel is now off.
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

looks like it has something to do with these cables.[]
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

one of my cables is frayed and the peices must be jammed up, right behind the window motor.[]
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:14 PM
CF Beginner

THE CABLES ARE CALLED THE REGULATER . IT CAN BE PURCHASED ON EBAY.
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

thanks diamond. one of my cables is definitely shot, its jammed.
Old May 5th, 2007, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

OK, im on my way to buy a new regulator, there is nothing i can do with this one.

thanks everyone for looking and for the help.

take care.
Old May 6th, 2007, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

well it was pretty easy. if anyone needs to do this there are two things that make it easier. one is to hold the window up in the closed position with some tape which i took a pic of. its taped up towards the front of the door by the mirror. keeps it from getting scratched up and so you dont have to remove it.the second thing is, when you collapse the regulator assembly and remove it, collapse the new one into the exact same position, (setthe old onedown so it doesnt unfold itself) and put it inexactly as you took the old one out.

see ya.
Old June 11th, 2016, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

A cell phone jammer is a device used to block mobile devices from receiving signals from their base stations. Cell phone jammers were originally designed for law enforcement and military use, so they could block communication between terrorists and criminals. They’re pretty common in prisons as well, where cell phones (obviously) aren’t allowed for inmates. Once the public caught on to the technology, many people, especially employers, wanted to use it themselves, especially in large cities where it seems everyone is always on the phone.