Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   Please someone help (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/please-someone-help-47976/)

Irish81 January 20th, 2012 7:27 PM

Please someone help

Hello people have a 2009 Chevy silverado 2500 6.0 gas motor and it is running rough and can't figure out ,cleaned throttle body , injectors and treated gas with water removal solution and still runs rough any ideas please

MDTAHOE January 20th, 2012 8:43 PM

How many miles?

Irish81 January 21st, 2012 5:35 PM

Hello it has 18,000 miles

grumpychevy January 22nd, 2012 10:52 AM

A 2009 with 18,000 miles- take it to the dealer for warranty work. Did you get a check engine light? If so what was the code? Could possibly be an engine misfire-maybe a bad coil pack, maybe moisture in plug boot.

Irish81 January 22nd, 2012 6:27 PM

yes I keep bringing to dealship and they keep saying it was water and now fixed but when i pick it up it runs like **** and they dont know what it is. I went to two different dealships and both couldnt help me.....

Irish81 January 22nd, 2012 6:28 PM

there is no check engine light coming on

MDTAHOE January 22nd, 2012 7:06 PM

Unfortunately since the mileage is so low what ever is wrong is odd. You are going to have to contact corporate GM and push then to find out the problem. Does it run bad all the time?

Irish81 January 23rd, 2012 3:49 AM

It only runs rough when in gear at a light

Chevrolet Customer Service January 23rd, 2012 8:27 AM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Irish81,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration with your Silverado. I see you stated that you have taken the vehicle to two different dealers. Also that the vehicle only runs rough while in gear at a light. Was the dealer able to duplicate the problem? It is difficult to diagnose a problem if it cannot be duplicated.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

MDTAHOE January 23rd, 2012 9:26 PM

If it running rough or could you say it is more of a vibration.