Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Power driver seat and pass window not working checked fuses...what next?

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2006, 10:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power driver seat and pass window not working checked fuses...what next?

I have a 2003 2500hd with the 8.1L. Yesterday the pass window and driver seat, both power stoped functioning at the same time. Naturally i assumed that it was a simple fuse, but after checking and double checking all the fuses i have had no luck in resolving the problem. I am looking for any help and guidance as to what i need to check next. I don't believe that it is a switch or such since both stopped working at the same time and neither window switch operates the window. Kinda sucks cause the window is stuck down. any help greatly appreciate...before i have to go to the $tealer.
Old July 26th, 2006, 3:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Power driver seat and pass window not working checked fuses...what next?

check under the seat for broken or chaffed wires
Old July 26th, 2006, 3:09 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Power driver seat and pass window not working checked fuses...what next?

If you pull your door panel off you should be able to get your window up buy jumping the wires that make it go up. I can't tell you what wire those might be though.
Old July 26th, 2006, 9:22 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: weside

check under the seat for broken or chaffed wires
What's that got to do with the window going up and down if the wire was chaffed.

As far as jumping the wires to get the window back up then you don't have to pull the door panel off. Just pop the pass. window switch off and I beleive it's a purple or a yellow wire that you need to jump to a black wire. I can't remember exactly what color.