Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Power sliding rear window stopped working on 07 NBS

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2010, 10:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power sliding rear window stopped working on 07 NBS

I used this window for maybe the 5th time in 3 years yesterday and it quit working. I did a quick Google search and found this is a very common problem on 07 GM trucks and there is a service bulletin out on it. Has anyone else had this problem? My truck is past the 36k bumper to bumper warranty and I'm dreading how much this will cost to fix. I've had my fair share of problems with my 2007 NBS LTZ. There are too many bells and whistles for everything to stay working properly and lately every time I turn around something is no longer working. I had a battery\electrical issue at 18k miles, electrical sensor problems at 36k, my truck would not shift and the dashboard would light up like a Christmas tree. This included all of my locks going up and down and lights flickering. My rear DVD player never worked from the time I bought the truck in 2007. There was a short in the wire that would have cost me $200 had the dealership manager not taken care of it for me out of warranty. I love the looks and ride of my truck but I'm starting to wonder about the quality of materials in it. Everybody that is looking to add the power rear sliding window to their truck is making a big mistake in my opinion.
Old May 13th, 2015, 12:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most likely the regulator

If you have a nbs it should be a lmm engine not the lbz. Also it's most likely a broken regulator for your power sliding rear window. They go for about $72 on amazon and are pretty easy to put in