Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

question about SPS programming (tech2/tis2web), changing radio from amp to no amp

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2010, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool question about SPS programming (tech2/tis2web), changing radio from amp to no amp

I just replaced the U1C radio in my 2007 <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;" id="itxt_nobr_18_0">Silverado </nobr>with the US9 6-cd changer. The service tech was able to unlock it (thanks to an earlier post from shawnvw!), but I got the impression that he didn't know his way around programming the radio. This is only a concern because it seems the radio was previously in a car with an amplifier, since I have low volume audio (though not true pre-amp low) and very quiet chimes. Needless to say, I don't have an amplifier, just the base speaker system.

Can anyone give me instructions on how to program the radio to output fully amplified audio? I followed the link to TIS2WEB and input the VIN (1GCEC14C87Z555226), selected RAD Radio, selected US9, selected the radio part number (25782842), but after that it's all meaningless to me. Can't find anything about selecting RPOs related to having an amplifier or not, or anything regarding programming or calibration. And obviously I don't have a Tech 2 to play with, so my fiddling is very limited.

Basically, I just don't want to go back to the dealer empty-handed... I'd like to have some guide to hand to the tech so I have some confidence that I'm not paying a half hour labor again just to be told that it can't be programmed when the reality is just that he doesn't know how to.

My main concern is getting chimes and Onstar back to how they were... if those worked normally, then I could learn to live with the low volume since it's not so low that it's unusable. It gets decently loud around 85-90% volume.
Old March 4th, 2010, 9:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: about SPS programming (tech2/tis2web), changing radio from amp to no amp

Ok, given the TIS sheet attached, I can see that there are CVN codes for Audio and Equalizer that relate to the speaker packages. What does one DO with the CVN codes? Is there some kind of online documentation that I can give the service tech to make sure he knows what to do?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TIS.pdf (67.0 KB, 1634 views)
Old March 4th, 2010, 9:22 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There is nothing to select under the operating sytem menu so he can't screw that up
under Tuner, he will select 15106588 North America/South America
Under Audio he will select 15106589 For UQ3/UQ5 speaker packages (C/K trucks); Also for Express/Savana vans
Under equalizer he will select 15201214 Use only with UQ3/UQ5 & Regular Cab
And DSP Software has no selection that he can make

Also make sure he selects a US8\US9 at the start instaed of the U1C that the SPID Label shows!!!
Old March 5th, 2010, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks! He got it done with that sheet and your info... He told me that the problem before was he built it in the Tech 2 as a Silverado instead of a Monte Carlo (which was necessary for the unlocking).

It sounds great now!
Old December 5th, 2010, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Ok i have an issue, i took my 07[new body] and had the radio changed out to a 6 disc. 2 problems here.. I had to take Shawns info in so he could build it as a Monte Carlo, after he took my money and then said it couldn't be done. He built it as it says and yes, it works. but now my spedo reads in metric instead of English. I took it back, and he said it was because of the radio being built as a monte carlo, and told me to pull my fuse to get it back. any ideas? i really need help.