Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Removing rear door panel on 2000 extended cab

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2009, 10:43 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Removing rear door panel on 2000 extended cab

Hello,

well, my factory speakers are, finally, dead dead. basically, all four of them, tweeters are ok.
question is - how do I remove third door panel and trim on the side behind the driver? I assume it is all, basically, on clips, but due to the huge size of plastic to be pried off, I am really afraid to crack it. don't see any other way of getting to the speakers in the rear otherwise.

practical suggestions will be appreciated. thank you.
Old March 21st, 2009, 1:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the third door is easy the piece around the handle pops off then there are two screws one in the cup holder one in the pull part and the whole thing just pulld off be careful with the two clips above the window they are famous for breakin now as for the pain in the but side first pull the rear seat, driver sill plate, lower trim under the rear window, remove seatbelt bolts, then if i remeber right there are two srews or clips where that panel meets the rear of the cab after all that it is just cliped on so pull carefully and that should be it