Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Replaced Spider Injector; Truck won't start

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The PM message is part of my signature.

Only use a Delphi or AcDelco pump or you will have to do it again in the near future.
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After getting a newborn on schedule, I was able to get back to my truck. Long story short I replaced the fuel pump with an Airtex pump from Amazon for $134 and it's alive. Pumps were $250-$450 at local parts stores. The pressure is in the upper 50's when the key is on and about 50 while running. I hope the Airtex lasts a while. I figured I could buy 2 or 3 of them for the price of a high end pump if it goes out after the warranty. Easy decision when you have more time than money. About the repair: I removed the 8 bed bolts and fuel fill hose to lift the bed up a couple of inches. I set a jack on the tire and frame to jack it up and set it on stands. I did drop the tank anyway to rinse it. There were only two bolts holding the two straps. It did help to get to the fuel lines and install the new pump while the tank was on the ground. The fuel line tool from Advance Auto Parts is junk. It didn't work and I ended up just breaking off the plastic lines from the old pump and using a flat head to push in the retainers and pulled the plastic remnant out with pliers. Thanks for all of your advice and experience. It made it much easier. More questions to come.
Old December 5th, 2013, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up

So I replaced the fuel pump with Airtex E3962M replacement. It is going on seven months and the pump still works. I paid $135.41 on Amazon. I will say that the pump hums louder than the original equipment. If that is the difference between it and the $400 dealer part, let it hum. I threw the box out today and remembered to update.