Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

reprogramming Nav unit through dealer/steering wheel controls

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2011, 8:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default reprogramming Nav unit through dealer/steering wheel controls

I recently updated from a 6 disc cd changer to a navigation unit. Model number of the nav unit 25857364. It apparently came out of a hybrid 09+ vehicle because there is a hybrid screen on it. Have any of you installed this model NAV unit into your vehicle, and if so, where you successfully able to get the dealer to reprogram the unit to take this "folder" off? I do not really need the hybrid screen as I do not have a hybrid as the installation went into a 2007.5 NBS silverado LTZ. If you do reprogram through dealership can you tell me how they went about it so I have all my peas in a row when I go to them? I know I need a software upgrade because my turn "click" doesn't work anymore and my park assist beep doesn't beep anymore, however, the lights still work. Kind of odd.... Also, I do not have a clock on my unit? From the research I have done GM put a bulletin out saying the NAV system software needs updating? Any input from anyone?

I also installed a VCIM (for bluetooth) with voice commands but I will be darned as it will not accept my command to dial out or call out? It always goes to help.. Kind of annoying... How do you fix this? Does anyone have a sheet of commands that I could have so I know how to talk to the system? I am also going to get a VIN # for VCIM 20829984 so I can activate onstar. The unit I received was brand new and never installed into a vehicle. Does anyone know what year make and model this VCIM was specifically made for? If I can get a VIN # and get it to Onstar the onstar unit will become active and will read me for that particular vehicle. All I have to do is take it to GM and have them program it for an active number and it will work... Anyone have similar issues? Any help is greatly appreciated.. Thanks for your time.
jpk
Old June 9th, 2011, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah... one more thing... Does anyone have the GM Part # for the steering wheel controls for bluetooth? I am going to replace those once I get the mechanical brushed covers to replace those garbage black ones that are peeling. Any help is greatly appreciated....