Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Rough Ride..

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2007, 3:22 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Ride..

Hey,

I have a 93 Chevy 1500. I has a 4in body lift and 33's on it. how can i get a smoother, less jaw rattling ride out of it.
Old October 31st, 2007, 2:01 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Rough Ride..

let some air out of the tires......that will help a bit, dont know what your running your 33 for air pressure, but I run mine on my jeep around 15-20 around town and 8-10 off road, the difference when I air them up over 25 is horendis........under that its like night and day, that may help a bit, if you have them air up to 30+.........by nature the GM are a very smooth ride as compared to Ford and dodges.

The 4 in BL is not helping and that is ALOT of BL, your body is prolly moving around on top of hte pucks, how did you get a 4'....?...no one makes one I did not think as they are not recommended over 3..and that is not good...if it is not qaulity lift 'blocks' and someone or yourself used 'pucks' or soemthing else, it could be these are beat out and the bushings are gone, and may need changed....

Shocks could help, but normally when they go your truck will 'float' so to speak....Im guessing it can all betraced to the BL you have and the crappy 'pucks'someone used.
Old October 31st, 2007, 2:47 PM
CF Active Member

so basically, check the body lift which might be a 3...ill have to check, and run my tires low? around 15-20? what where you talking about running 30 +??
Old October 31st, 2007, 4:03 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mudderfan

so basically, check the body lift which might be a 3...ill have to check, and run my tires low? around 15-20? what where you talking about running 30 +??
When the idiots in hte shop mounted my tires for me they put over 30 psi in the 2 pass side ones and 25+ in the dside ones, it was rough as hell and pulling so I checked it one day....morons....anyhow I run mine on highway around 22 psi, any higher and it gets rougher rideing, any lower and you may lose a bead on hard cornering, but that wont happen unless you go a low as 10 or something.....

the body lift will make it a bit rougher but not so much you should complain, unless someone used 'hockey pucks' to lift it, and did not put good rubber bushings in....also is it a Z71 cause they ride rougher on highway as well, they are ment for gravel and bush roads, cool decal tho.....
Old November 1st, 2007, 9:08 AM
CF Active Member

okie thanks