Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Seat Heater not working Silverado 1500 crewcab

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2013, 1:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Seat Heater not working Silverado 1500 crewcab

2011 Chevorlet Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 5.3L V8 Flex

Hello im new here. Maybe someone can help me out on here. My driver side seat upper heater is not working at all. The driver side lower and passenger upper and lower seat heaters all work. i can turn the bottom button on (Turns on upper and lower heaters) and the lights all come on and it works fine for only the lower heater, upper heater wont come on. When i turn on the upper button (Turns on only the upper heater) no lights come on at all and nothing heats up.

So in summary on when i push the upper button no light or heaters come on. when i push the lower button lights all work and the lower heater only comes on, and the upper heater does not come on.

I've taken the seat out once to inspect the heater for any dark spots on it or burns where it may been shorted out but it all looked ok.

I hope someone can help me out with this and maybe i can troubleshoot it.

Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Seat Heater not working Silverado 1500 crewcab-winter_seatheat.jpg  
Old December 30th, 2013, 8:39 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to the forum kevinryan87,

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with your heated seats. We understand how important it is to have this working, especially in the winter months! If you're interested in having a dealership take a look at this issue for you, we'd be happy to reach out to them on your behalf. If there's anything we can assist with, please feel free to PM us your VIN and current mileage.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 30th, 2013, 10:23 PM
CF Beginner

Im in fairbanks Alaska and the dealership here charges like $120.00 just to look at the vehicle. And i do not bumper to bumper warranty I was hoping maybe someone on here may of had the same problem as me. my vin number is 1GCPKTE3XBF175823. Thank you for the assistance though. never really had to use the heaters until i had to move up here haha
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

It is probably the upper element is bad. I would recommend replacing both the upper and lower elements. There should be plenty of information out there about resistance readings for each element. If the lower is working you know there is power to it. Be sure to check the connection between the two elements as well.