Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado Dashboard going out? Also found unknown wire underneath?

Old April 15th, 2013, 4:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado Dashboard going out? Also found unknown wire underneath?

I recently went mudding and ever since my truck has been acting up. Randomly my dashboard gauges have been going out and the battery light comes on, only the battery gauge and odometer will stay working (picture 1). Along with the gauge issue, sometimes they will randomly come back on but after they come on my airbag light will come on...sometimes they will alternate going back and forth. If I turn my truck off then back on again everything starts working most the time.
I also found the weird wire hanging from under my cab on the left side near the torsion bar and exhaust(picture 2), I cannot figure out what it connects to (It looks like one end is connected to the transfer case).
I also believe my 4WD might not be working. When I go from 2WD to 4WD I cannot feel any more torque so that leads me to conclusion of the random wire??

I am sorry for all the writing and I am new here.

Thank you for all the help,
Marcus

Attached Thumbnails Silverado Dashboard going out? Also found unknown wire underneath?-imag1727.jpg   Silverado Dashboard going out? Also found unknown wire underneath?-imag1729.jpg