Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Squeaks/Rattles in my 2012

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2012, 5:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaks/Rattles in my 2012

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has had these issues. Whenever I go over a bump I have a rattle coming from the passenger seat area, but its more of a pop/click. I also have a rattle coming from my driver side visor area at highway speeds, I thought that might be the onstar antenna being loose but that is solid. I also have a small squeak coming from the driver side fuse panel area. All not a big deal, but I'm going on a 14hr road trip and they might become an annoyance!

I have a 2012 Silverado extended cab LS with the All Star package.

Thanks!
Old November 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Monorail_Red
Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has had these issues. Whenever I go over a bump I have a rattle coming from the passenger seat area, but its more of a pop/click. I also have a rattle coming from my driver side visor area at highway speeds, I thought that might be the onstar antenna being loose but that is solid. I also have a small squeak coming from the driver side fuse panel area. All not a big deal, but I'm going on a 14hr road trip and they might become an annoyance!

I have a 2012 Silverado extended cab LS with the All Star package.

Thanks!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Monorail_Red,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. Have you had the chance to take it in for an inspection?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 25th, 2012, 8:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Have you had the chance to take it in for an inspection?
I have not. Unfortunately, as much as I love the truck, I absolutely hate the way GM has handled an issue with this truck and other GM vehicles I had in the past. I didn't even waste my time this time around. I did however find the problem and I resolved it myself within an hour. For those who might have a similar problem, send me a PM and I will let you know what my situation was and what the fix was. If I post it here on a public forum, I don't know if that will help or hurt us. Again, send me a PM and I will be happy to explain.

Last edited by Monorail_Red; November 25th, 2012 at 8:29 AM. Reason: typo fix
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default Annoying squeak on passenger side!!!

My truck is the same as yours. My friend just got one three days ago and we both have the same annoying rattle /squeak on the passenger side. Tough to pin point but we both feel it's coming from door area. Any help would be appreciated. We both live in Michigan I was thinking maybe it was because of cold. Sometimes after a while, or so, almost like when inside warms up it goes away.
thanks
Flymanzzz
Old February 4th, 2013, 5:41 PM
CF Junior Member

I think that it is the seatbelt adjuster. I played around with mine a bit and the sound is less noticeable. Also see if it happens when you have a passenger with their seatbelt on.
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

No squeak, but I think my driver side wiper bounces just a touch with the right bump in the road. Mine is a '12 2500HD extended cab with less than 700 miles.
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:43 PM
CF Beginner

Please help, i have a 2013 silverado with the same issue, rattle in the windshield area, thanks for your time
Old March 28th, 2013, 5:34 PM
CF Junior Member

It's unfortunate we're having this conversation for how much we pay for our trucks...but try pushing on the a pillars, that's another trick I found