Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stuff to make my truck go faster ...suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2012, 11:54 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for this stupid question, but can I get a bigger throttle body for my 07 1/2 ton with a 5.3 liter, if so where can I get it, thanks matt
Old January 20th, 2012, 1:07 PM
CF Active Member

you can try autoanything.com they might have it they go up to 85mm and they have free shipping and promo codes for cheaper prices
Old January 20th, 2012, 1:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just port and polish it, same gains same thing for like 300 bucks less
Old January 20th, 2012, 2:35 PM
CF Beginner

Country

ok i just called the local tranny shop and they said itd be $250 + the $80 shift kit thts a good chunk of change .......so ,,,,do you think i will get enough out the servo cause he said thtd be $75 buying the servo from him and installation
but if i get the servo and shift kit installed the same time its 250 with a total of $355 ......what would you do just the servo right??? prob just going to go with the servo anyway what you think

and no i live in S.Carolina no salt here soo go with the black headers???

Last edited by chesterz71; January 20th, 2012 at 2:48 PM.
Old January 20th, 2012, 2:47 PM
Super Moderator

I'd install the servo myself and save the money from install on that. He's probably a little high on prices. Go to oregonperformancetransmission.com and get a shift kit off there, then have him install it. But you don't really need a shift kit, just the servo is perfectly fine so you could get a shift kit later on if you choose to...and yeah I'd get the black headers without hesitation. One buddy sanded them all the way down, to where no black paint was on them and then sprayed the very high temp paint from o riellys on them an it's still holdin up just fine. You could install them, burn the paint off, then spray them with the high temp paint an it should stay black if you get the highest temp paint they got
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:29 PM
CF Beginner

is it easy to install country????cuz i dont no squat about transmissions and unless it comes with instructions i cant do it .....and his price for the servo was $25 and his total was $75 with installation and he said hed look at porting my throttle body for me ..... the one on orgeon is cheap but with shipping its $32 total

and ok i will get the black ones

Last edited by chesterz71; January 21st, 2012 at 3:56 AM.
Old January 21st, 2012, 3:53 AM
CF Beginner

one of yall mentiond camming it earlier exactly which cam do i need. nd all i need to buy is the camshaft????? COMP Cams - Performance Camshafts, Lifters, Valve Springs, Rocker Arms
Old January 21st, 2012, 9:47 AM
Super Moderator

If you can change the oil in your truck you can change out the servo. Its easy easy, here's a good detailed how-to on install. Vette servo install - Chevy Truck Forum | GMC Truck Forum - GmFullsize.com

And if that one don't do it for you, look at this one:
Corvette Shift Servo Install w/ pics - Chevy Truck Forum | GMC Truck Forum - GmFullsize.com

would you rather pay 100 to get it and install? or just 32 and install it yourself? If that's the question, I'd install myself.

As for a cam, better start readin up. You've got a lot of research about what cam you should choose to match with the stall you should get. Cam gets expensive.

If it were me, i'd keep the intake, get longtube headers, keep stock pipin and run a 3" dynomax bullet in place of stock muffler, run a y-pipe after the bullet and have my tips come out the back, port throttle body, vette servo, then contact just at blackbearperformance and get a tune to tie it all together and call it done right there.
Old January 21st, 2012, 10:23 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

maybe I'll look into a custom tune from black bear performance, I've done the k-n filter charger,a throttle body spacer, and a dual exhaust, maybe the custom tune will really enhance my truck, it is a 4x4 also, I don't expect it to be a vette,
Old January 21st, 2012, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

well i just want to say thank you country and cpb iv pretty muched figured everything out on what i want , prices, and the order i want to buy em thanks for the help guys ....ill tackle the cam later on down the road after i install 5 other things

Quick Reply: Stuff to make my truck go faster ...suggestions?