Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

traction control service, stabilitrak service, reduced engine power

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2014, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation traction control service, stabilitrak service, reduced engine power

ok I was sitting at a stop light an as soon as I take off I get the traction service, stabilitrak service, then reduced engine power in that order. Next day I take off throttle body clean entire inside put it on but it did not fix the problem, I just have a high idle off an on. so the next day I take it to autozone to check my engine light an I get the code for the app sensor, they are going to charge me $192, this includes tax,, so I go home an look on ebay found 2 brand new for $63. I have not ordered one yet I took the old one off and cleaned the sensor an put back on..it cleared the engine light off also the traction, stabilitrak, an reduced engine power has not came on I drove around town and still is working. but the high idle in park is there still and the throttle is receiving gas without me pushing my pedal.

Any Suggestions?
Old April 17th, 2014, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what truck/year/miles, or engine you have but my 2012 Silverado 1500 with a 5.3L didthe same thing at 48000 miles. I had the throttle body replaced, and reprogrammedby the dealer and that fixed the issue. They did say that there is a “warranty”for the throttle body and its replacement for some trucks that were built at a particularplant that had problems. They would fix it for free if mine was from there. Naturally, my truckwasn't from that plant, but rather it was assembled in Mexico. (I hate that) I paid about$400. It might be worthwhile for you to call the dealer with your VIN to see ifthere are any warranty's against your truck. Ya never know. Good luck, Ron