Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Transmission will not shift into passing gear

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2015, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found the fix!

Originally Posted by Russ Hayes
Hello all, I just replaced the head gaskets on my 1996 Silverado 305 Vortec. The truck runs great and all is well but the truck will not shift into passing gear on the highway or while pulling a hill. Got a feeling I missed a vacuum hose or something else. What did I miss? Any help is appreciated!
Change the mass air flow sensor. Trust me, I went through everything. Fuel filter, tps, pressure test fuel, catalytic converters, O2 sensors. Sent truck back to tranny place and old guy there told me to change the maf. I wasn't getting code but was at a loss for what else to do. I did and now my 99 Tahoe runs like a raped Ape again. I hope this helps.
Old September 15th, 2017, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I

Originally Posted by Russ Hayes
Hello all, I just replaced the head gaskets on my 1996 Silverado 305 Vortec. The truck runs great and all is well but the truck will not shift into passing gear on the highway or while pulling a hill. Got a feeling I missed a vacuum hose or something else. What did I miss? Any help is appreciated!
. I have a 95 sierra that iis doing the same thing only when engine light is on. Qhwn engune light is off it does perfect. Already changes computer. No change. What else could be the problem????