Trying to program key fob, 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 - Page 4 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 7:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Trying to program key fob, 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500

Old March 15th, 2019, 11:13 PM
  #31  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Default Fob

Originally Posted by jfayadjr View Post
I thought it might be that. Can I get one from a junk yard or do I have to order it new?
we have to figure this one out! No way any of us wanna spend another dime! My fob just broke! It was working but it's 19 years old! I ordered two new fobs and I don't and won't spend more ! Dang the techno
MadMan is offline  
Old March 15th, 2019, 11:19 PM
  #32  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 8
Default

I like the way you think!
jfayadjr is offline  
Old March 16th, 2019, 8:21 AM
  #33  
CF Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, MN
Posts: 63
Default

Maybe. Maybe Not.
On my 99 I ordered two fobs. Mine came with a little plastic sticky thingie on the + side of the battery. I didn't find that out until I tried everything else. I thought that maybe they didn't come with batteries so I took them apart to see. There was that white plastic sticky thing on them. I think it's mainly to keep the battery fresh and not leak and corrode like a flashlight will if left sitting for months. After reading this thread that's about all I can come up with.
99 Silverado 3 door is offline  
Old March 16th, 2019, 9:50 AM
  #34  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Default Fob

Originally Posted by 99 Silverado 3 door View Post
Maybe. Maybe Not.
On my 99 I ordered two fobs. Mine came with a little plastic sticky thingie on the + side of the battery. I didn't find that out until I tried everything else. I thought that maybe they didn't come with batteries so I took them apart to see. There was that white plastic sticky thing on them. I think it's mainly to keep the battery fresh and not leak and corrode like a flashlight will if left sitting for months. After reading this thread that's about all I can come up with.
I'll go try that
MadMan is offline  
Old March 16th, 2019, 10:07 AM
  #35  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by jfayadjr View Post
I thought it might be that. Can I get one from a junk yard or do I have to order it new?
You can get the bcm and or receiver at a junk yard cheap..make sure p/n's match some interchange others dont (junkyard units are hit and miss but if they dont work they will exchange)
you need to test units with a tech2 or scanner that has immobilizer function to verify operation ..and definately so to program any donor units if original non functional
Jeremy Hubbard is offline  
Old March 16th, 2019, 10:40 AM
  #36  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Default Fob

No plastic on battery, tried to program again, holding the muti function/ high beam lever back and cycle the key to on/of twice and release it and locks cycled lock/unlock, then held fob lock and unlock together and locks cycled, then turn ignition to on to exit program mode, fobs still don't work!!! Calf rope!!! Lol
MadMan is offline  
Old March 16th, 2019, 5:59 PM
  #37  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Default Key fob

Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
No plastic on battery, tried to program again, holding the muti function/ high beam lever back and cycle the key to on/of twice and release it and locks cycled lock/unlock, then held fob lock and unlock together and locks cycled, then turn ignition to on to exit program mode, fobs still don't work!!! Calf rope!!! Lol
I just got both of mine to program, follow the original steps by holding down the unlock switch on drivers door, now here's what mine did, I did it 3 times or so and locks did not cycle, But it was very quiet outside and I heard something try to activate??? Not loud at all, so I grabbed remote and held lock and unlock at same time for I am guessing a minute seemed like!! Shazam the doors locks cycled, so I grabbed the other new one and repeated , after about 30 seconds the doors locks cycled, turned key to on position to exit . And BAM! They both work!! Hallaegh Jesus!! Thank you Lord!!!!
MadMan is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
kcarberry
Tahoe & Suburban
1
January 24th, 2014 5:37 PM
argoenner
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups
0
June 27th, 2008 4:45 PM
dad of 6
Express & G-Series Vans
2
September 3rd, 2007 8:45 AM
djudkin
General Tech
1
August 9th, 2007 12:53 PM
bakerj007
Corvette
1
March 11th, 2007 2:50 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trying to program key fob, 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500


Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: