Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

Vibration Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2012, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess GM decided to remove my comments about how they treated me on my new truck Silverado ex cab z71 4x4. I to had a vibration in mine 15 times I took it back Chamone and Heather at customer service lied to me and when I caught them at it their concern was if I was recording them. I purchased another Chevy because I owned one before, and because I truley believe Americans have to have jobs. But come on GM u have to do your part, you cannt put out a ****ty product/charge top dollar and then not fix them when we have problems. Oh,thats wright when u tetter on going broke again just go back to Obama and get more.GM to me that they where done after 5 repairs and that was the final resolution. OK done ranting the first of April I was going to file lemon law papers on the truck thats when Mckluskey at Kings Auto in Cin, Ohio took my truck in one more time and replaced the drive shaft with an aluminum one and cleaned up some other odds and ends and I am singing the fat ladies song. We went to Gulf Shores and back at 75 to ... mph and not a problem. Im telling you GM bailed and left my dealer to fix it (it was a hard road 5 months but Tim did it ) So what Im saying if your dealer wont fix it dont depend on GM they are worthless and at most times they were involved they made it worse. TRY THE DRIVE SHAFT Go down the road at 50mph put the truck i neutral if the vibration stops its in the drive line all the tires and brake work it the world will not fix it Just covers up the problem and it will come back Jim
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:08 PM
CF Junior Member

I also just caught GM in a bunch of lies.They said my case had been escalated and they had been trying to contact me and the dealership. They put the dealership in my crosshairs and after speaking with them friday and the district rep. here I found out all of this was a bunch of GM B.S. The case had not been updated, the rep had not been contacted, and the dealership had not been called . Oh I am home all the time and have a caller I.D. and I havent had not one call from G.M. . I have been fair about this but now I am done being nice . I paid 58000.00 for this truck FIX IT OR REPLACE IT !!!!!!! I had to use a ford dually to move my camper today. I am going on vacation in three weeks and it looks like I will not be using my truck to pull our camper. Its a sad thing to have a truck that costs this much and be affraid to drive it out of the driveway. I am done with the lies ,stand behind your products!!!
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:25 PM
CF Junior Member

I got tired of telling them about it. Based on these discussions I just said screw it and paid $40 to have my driveshaft balanced
It was out at the front.
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:47 PM
CF Junior Member

I put a driveshaft in mine after balancing the tires the third time and no change. Oh yea I was a GM dealership tech. for 24 years before I had to retire due to health issues and chemo.
Old May 20th, 2012, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default vibration

Falcon did you come to cin ohio to fix your truck?
Old May 20th, 2012, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

Gm has directed this sight into another format. There is not just 2 or 3 people complaining. Please check ot Silverado Vibration = Rough ride for many complaints! Tell us what you are doing to fix our trucks LOUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 21st, 2012, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

No, Actually I went to the dealership (C&O Motors in St. Albans, WV) that I purchased it from. The service manager there is great. Wish I had taken to him in the first place. They had a time getting it fixed but stuck with it and tried apparently everything in the book before finally getting it to stop vibrating.
Old May 21st, 2012, 8:44 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Pearl,

Please provide your Service Request number (PM if you prefer) so I can look into your case.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 22nd, 2012, 5:26 AM
CF Beginner

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sil...rado+Vibration
More complaints here guys
Old May 22nd, 2012, 6:44 PM
CF Beginner

Where do I find this number you talk about, Louis?

Quick Reply: Vibration Issues