Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

Vibration Issues

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2013, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitedimond
I should have looked for this earlier. My truck is also vibrating and getting worse. Dealer has put new brakes on in and said that should do it. Also have put 2 new sets of tires on it with no change. I've been chasing tires because that is what I thought it was until they road force balanced my michelin ltx ms2 and all was ok. Has anyone solved this. According to the last couple posts it looks like some have had some luck. I just opened a case with GM, we will see where that leads.

I'm going to need to be admitted to a nut house if this doesn't get fixed.
Not sure what yryour is but here is my story I have had my trk in the dealership several times they first said it was drive line issues and replaced rear propeller shaft no change, 2nd' 3rd, 4th time said tire issue they force road balanced several times no change I changed tires out 3 times no change 5th, said no issues found B.S, 6th time asked for service manager to ride along he acknowledged vibration said he would not give up and to let him research and he would call me, 7th time he said that GM said to take off stock running boards and put 6bags of concrete in bed they did and no change also took tires and rims off a 2013 on lot still no change in excessive vibration service manager said be patient that he would continue to research and that he drove a 2013 and he stated it had more vibration that mine as if that make it OK I finally contacted the BBB and awaiting a resolution all I know is I spent 370000 for a new trk and got a defective trk also they have never really addressed the rough shifting when trans down shifts but I see there are others that seem to have the same issues with the excessive vibration and hard down shifting not sure what the outcome will be but GM needs to make it right has anyone have any guidance on how to start a class action against GM at this point I am interested due to the fact GM needs be held accountable for the quality of trk they are selling to people.

2012 Silverado US Army
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by spongjim5
I also just caught GM in a bunch of lies.They said my case had been escalated and they had been trying to contact me and the dealership. They put the dealership in my crosshairs and after speaking with them friday and the district rep. here I found out all of this was a bunch of GM B.S. The case had not been updated, the rep had not been contacted, and the dealership had not been called . Oh I am home all the time and have a caller I.D. and I havent had not one call from G.M. . I have been fair about this but now I am done being nice . I paid 58000.00 for this truck FIX IT OR REPLACE IT !!!!!!! I had to use a ford dually to move my camper today. I am going on vacation in three weeks and it looks like I will not be using my truck to pull our camper. Its a sad thing to have a truck that costs this much and be affraid to drive it out of the driveway. I am done with the lies ,stand behind your products!!!
I have had my trk in the dealership several times they first said it was drive line issues and replaced rear propeller shaft no change, 2nd' 3rd, 4th time said tire issue they force road balanced several times no change I changed tires out 3 times no change 5th, said no issues found B.S, 6th time asked for service manager to ride along he acknowledged vibration said he would not give up and to let him research and he would call me, 7th time he said that GM said to take off stock running boards and put 6bags of concrete in bed they did and no change also took tires and rims off a 2013 on lot still no change in excessive vibration service manager said be patient that he would continue to research and that he drove a 2013 and he stated it had more vibration that mine as if that make it OK I finally contacted the BBB and awaiting a resolution all I know is I spent 370000 for a new trk and got a defective trk also they have never really addressed the rough shifting when trans down shifts but I see there are others that seem to have the same issues with the excessive vibration and hard down shifting not sure what the outcome will be but GM needs to make it right has anyone have any guidance on how to start a class action against GM at this point I am interested due to the fact GM needs be held accountable for the quality of trk they are selling to people.

2012 Silverado US Army
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:36 PM
CF Beginner

I purchased a 2012 Silverado ext cab 4x4 z71 and at 6000 miles I contacted Mr Louis he recommended I have trk checked out buy a dealer I have had my trk in the dealership several times they first said it was drive line issues and replaced rear propeller shaft no change, 2nd' 3rd, 4th time said tire issue they force road balanced several times no change I changed tires out 3 times no change 5th, said no issues found B.S, 6th time asked for service manager to ride along he acknowledged vibration said he would not give up and to let him research and he would call me, 7th time he said that GM saiake off stock running boards and put 6bags of concrete in bed they did and no change also took tires and rims off a 2013 on lot still no change in excessive vibration service manager said be patient that he would continue to research and that he drove a 2013 and he stated it had more vibration that mine as if that make it OK I finally contacted the BBB and awaiting a resolution all I know is I spent 370000 for a new trk and got a defective trk also they have never really addressed the rough shifting when trans down shifts but I see there are others that seem to have the same issues with the excessive vibration and hard down shifting not sure what the outcome will be but GM needs to make it right has anyone have any guidance on how to start a class action against GM at this point I am interested due to the fact GM needs be held accountable for the quality of trk they are selling to people.

I became a GM buyer in 1994 and have owned several silverado's with the last 5 being brand new and this has by far has been the worse purchase my older chevy trks with over100000
miles drove smoother I hope that this is not the new GM standard of business or quality of vehicles it is going to sell American.
2012 Silverado
US Army
Old June 25th, 2014, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Just a little update to a past post, we still experienced a vibration months after they had our truck at the dealer. Just some info double check your front caliper bolt slides ours were frozen causing the right side pull to the right and we beliave to be the problem all along. We only discovered this recently while hearing a brake squeal from the front left and noticed the slides were totally frozen. Advise to all to change to new pads and a complete slide bolts and bushing kits.