Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   Want to install headers, cold air intake and exhuast on 07 silverado (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/want-install-headers-cold-air-intake-exhuast-07-silverado-22159/)

BRozier11 April 23rd, 2009 7:25 AM

Want to install headers, cold air intake and exhuast on 07 silverado

I am currently deployed and when i get back i plan on doing some work to my truck. I want to put headers, cold air intake and exhaust on. Right now i am thinking about gibson headers with K&N cold air intake and flowmaster exhuast package. What i am looking for is something that sounds nice. Right now I have Flowmaster on it and i like the rumble but am looking for more. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what sounds good and is good quality?

therewolf April 23rd, 2009 4:35 PM

I like my K&N CAI on my 04...

suzuki-guy April 23rd, 2009 5:00 PM

Why headers? Everyone thinks headers are awesome but honestly they do nothing really noticable but give you bragging rights, broke bank, and a cooked starter. K&n intake is the best!! As far as exhaust i have a xelerator expensive but sounds really good. I would keep the flowmaster and just get rid of all the cats. Thats whats making the flowmaster not loud!! Oh and thanks for your service!!

therewolf April 23rd, 2009 5:05 PM

The major reason I would go with headers is the reduced heat stored in the engine. Cast iron exhaust manifolds trap engine-killing heat. Headers help the heat escape, keeping your engine cooler. Yeah, it might help to get a heat shield for your starter, too. .

BRozier11 April 24th, 2009 2:00 AM

yea im not sure what series flowmast i have on their right now i think its like 60 series but all i did was cut my muffler off and put that in its place.. it was supposed to be only temporary but then i left the states so now i want to change it and run the 40series out the rear.. right now im not sure if i want to fix the motor up or go ahead and put a 3.5in lift with some tires and rims.. what would you do..

suzuki-guy April 24th, 2009 3:30 AM

lift it!!!! every vehicle i had had a 4 inch lift or higher my truck now has 6 inches on it. You can never go wrong with a lift. with K&N cold air intake you get a lot of bang for your buck its worth 300 dollars

BRozier11 April 24th, 2009 7:37 AM

dont i have to get a whole new intake manifold though with the K&N cold air intake.. I am definitley thinkin about the 4in lift at least.. any suggestions on what kind to get this is my first nice truck and although i know alot about stock motors im new to soupin **** up but i plan on learning quick.. thanks for the help

Mike Sigmond April 24th, 2009 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BRozier11 (Post 92957)
dont i have to get a whole new intake manifold though with the K&N cold air intake..

Not at all. 4.3 right? Here is your K&N Cold air intake.... k&n-part # 57-3038 Price: $308.99 Estimated Horsepower Gain: 8.21 HP @ 4544 RPM
Just install your MAF to it and your good to go.:) Here is a dyno chart for your engine with the K&N upgrade as well http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/57-3038_dyno.pdf

BRozier11 April 24th, 2009 1:59 PM

turns out i have a 4.8L Vortec V8 4x4

Mike Sigmond April 24th, 2009 4:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
O ok, then you need this one for the 4.8, same kit for the 5.3 too... I got your message, I havent lifted my truck nor do I know about whats good these days on lifting. I am sure someone here can chime in on the lift topic. I would start a separate thread about that.

K&N Part # 63-3058 Price: $299.99

63-3058 Product SpecificationsProduct Style: 63 Series Aircharger Kits
Estimated Horsepower Gain: 17.54 HP @ 4917 RPM

therewolf April 24th, 2009 4:39 PM

With a CAI you don't actually touch your intake manifold or injectors.This upgrade just loses your manky OEM air filtration canister and bolts to your MAF sensor and your intake manifold.

The CAI bolts on in less than 2 hours, all instructions and parts included. It's a great job to do with a buddy and a case of beer. And we're serious, it's worth it.

suzuki-guy April 24th, 2009 10:27 PM

Yeahit is whatever you need to know about lifts ask away every vehicle ive had i put a lif on it susupension do not settle fora body there cheap but they look and are junk!!! Get a suspension

BRozier11 April 25th, 2009 4:21 AM

i am trying to find the best type of lift to put on my truck.. i am newb to this portion and dont want to get some cheap ****.. all i want is 4in to 6in lift.. now that i think about it prolly 6 so its noticeable.. i want opinions on what type of lift, what brand kit, and what size tires and rims would be best.. anything else would be greatly appreciated..

DeeZ April 26th, 2009 12:37 AM

What's your budget and purpose?

Deez

jbracefan1977 May 30th, 2009 5:13 AM

I have the same K&N also and love it, I could have found it a little cheaper on ebay, but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it at here. K&N 57-3038, or you can try one of the vendors on the forum here, you can usually find a good deal that way as well. This was very easy to install and I love it.
good luck :D

Blindsight May 30th, 2009 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by BRozier11 (Post 93057)
i am trying to find the best type of lift to put on my truck.. i am newb to this portion and dont want to get some cheap ****.. all i want is 4in to 6in lift.. now that i think about it prolly 6 so its noticeable.. i want opinions on what type of lift, what brand kit, and what size tires and rims would be best.. anything else would be greatly appreciated..

Whenever I hear the word 'Suspension' I always think 'Skyjacker.' They make great products. I did a search for your truck on their website, and a 6" suspension lift will run you about $2,126.60. Link to the kit. With that kit you should be able to fit 37" tires, which are, I'm sure, more than you need. Also, for your tires, I'm assuming you want something big and knobby, hence the lift. There are lots of great mud tires out there, but if the truck isn't going to see mud, then theres no point. If it is however...

The sizes are 35-37" and generic, I'm sure you can find the size you want.

Firestone Destination M/T
BFG M/T
Geolander M/T

And my personal favorites:

Nitto Mud Grappler
Nitto TerraGrappler

The Terragrappler is my current tire, and I'd buy them again in a heart beat. They are a great All-terrain tire, have a great ride, look really aggressive, and have never, ever, left me stuck anywhere, even after digging my truck to the frame in 3' of mud, they pulled me right out.

As for rims, that really depends on what you want. Size, style, color (chrome, black chrome, powdercoat, etc). The size of your rim will also limit some of your tire choices. If you have obnoxiously small rims, you won't be able to get huge tires, but it's very possible to get Mud Grapplers to fit 20" rims, which is the size I would recommend for your truck.

Hope I helped.