Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

What does it take to switch from camper elect ext camper mirrors to big tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2009, 1:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What does it take to switch from camper elect ext camper mirrors to big tow mirrors

If got an 04 gmc sierra with the electric extend camper mirrors, want to swith to the big elephant ear tow mirrors, will this be plug and play? does anybody know whether the big mirrors have electric extend? and i might be able to sell my camper mirrors to a guy that has 05 gmc with the regular non extend electric mirrors, will mine be plug and play on his truck?? i have heard rumors of having to repro ecm to recognize the different mirrors?
Any help is appreciated, any body have bad experience with any of the big aftermarket oem style tow mirrors??
Old June 21st, 2009, 3:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok wel i guess nobody has experience
I do now, as long as you have power mirrors the camper mirror will work without reprogramming anything, and i have not found any big tow mirros that extend out electricly.