Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

White puff of smoke!

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2015, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White puff of smoke!

I was coming up a hill today about 15mph and gave the truck some gas to go and it made a funny noise, check engine light came on and my wife behind me said a small puff of white smoke came out of both tail pipes anybody know the cause?
Old June 19th, 2015, 8:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Danielpointer24
I was coming up a hill today about 15mph and gave the truck some gas to go and it made a funny noise, check engine light came on and my wife behind me said a small puff of white smoke came out of both tail pipes anybody know the cause?
Hi Daniel,

Were you able to get into the dealership? They will be in the best position to look into this further for you. However, if you need any additional assistance and support, feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 21st, 2015, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white smoke from tailpipes.

[/B]
Originally Posted by Danielpointer24
There could be a possibility that the head gasket is leaking antifreeze into the combustion chamber from any of rhe cylinders. A good mechanic told me if you have white smoke coming out of the tailpipe it's antifreeze and it will have a sweet smell to it. Blue smoke is oil leaking past the piston rings and black smoke is the engine running too rich with fuel.