Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

why wont truck turn on after the first turn?

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2006, 11:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why wont truck turn on after the first turn?

i took my truck to the dealer to get maintainance done but it doesnt turn on after the first turn of the key..any idea why? i have a 2001 1500 2wd Ls
Old December 28th, 2006, 10:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: why wont truck turn on after the first turn?

Does it have a factory alarm? Could be the fuel pump is disabled, wait 10 minutes and try again.
Old December 29th, 2006, 11:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Could be a problem with the pull in winding of your starter.
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: SILVERAD01

Does it have a factory alarm? Could be the fuel pump is disabled, wait 10 minutes and try again.
yes it has the factory alarm and it usually takes me 3 turns of thekeyto turn it on and sometimes i feel the motor shake like if its struggling to turn on and it sounds like its going to turn off but it actually turns on
Old January 4th, 2007, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

I think I have a similar problem where my truck won't start. I have just replaces my fuel pump and since then, when I try to start the truck I find that the electrical system won't power up. The starter will turn over but not start the engine until the ACC? power comes on. Which includes the dash lights, daytime running lights, and who knows what else. but I can distinctly hear a relay type noise when the system does come on. So basically this is what happens. Put key in slot, turn one notch. This is where the main power should come on. It only does intermittently after I either sit quiet for a moment or wiggle the key a little. If I turn the key further, it engages the starter and the motorwill turn over but not start. When the power does come on, the engine will start and run no problem. Where do I need to look to fix this problem? The relay noise I hear is from around the dash guages above the column. It doesn't seem to be the same as the fuel pump relay which is on the other side of the firewall under the hood.