Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   will not turnover reset security system (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/will-not-turnover-reset-security-system-52376/)

nbmech August 11th, 2012 4:35 PM

will not turnover reset security system

Hello,

My 08 silverado has a short somewhere because yesterday the day runnning lights were on and the washer fluid pump was running. I disconnected the pump and removed the fuse for the lights. I recharged the battery and it would not turn over. The battery was tested and only had 6 volts with no load after 6 hours on the charger. New battery and it still wont turnover no clicking. All electronics work, just no clicking. Someone mentioned possibly the theft system may need to be reset. How do I do this?

kevinkpk August 11th, 2012 5:33 PM

Check the anti theft fuse. I won't crank if that circuit is dead.

nbmech August 11th, 2012 5:58 PM

I checked and still nothing the keyless fob works

kevinkpk August 11th, 2012 6:22 PM

Try putting the shifter in nuetral, give that a shot.

nbmech August 11th, 2012 6:26 PM

Still the same, all electronics inside work ,silence from the engine. The message center shows HOOD OPEN and SERVICE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE

kevinkpk August 11th, 2012 7:45 PM

Might be the key fob keeping you locked out.

nbmech August 11th, 2012 7:57 PM

I tried my spare key also. I have noticed that things that need the key in the on position are staying on( day running lights, washer pump, and the radio stays on after the door is open) possibly the ignition could be bad????

Chevrolet Customer Service August 14th, 2012 2:23 PM

Originally Posted by nbmech (Post 223704)
Hello,

My 08 silverado has a short somewhere because yesterday the day runnning lights were on and the washer fluid pump was running. I disconnected the pump and removed the fuse for the lights. I recharged the battery and it would not turn over. The battery was tested and only had 6 volts with no load after 6 hours on the charger. New battery and it still wont turnover no clicking. All electronics work, just no clicking. Someone mentioned possibly the theft system may need to be reset. How do I do this?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Would you please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into this further for you?

Louis
GM Customer Service

nbmech August 24th, 2012 7:22 AM

UPDATE...
It turns out the body control module, transmission control module, transfer case control module and engine control module were all bad. After talking with a neighbor he remembered hearing a close lightning strike. I guess that could have possibly caused the issue. The dealer is asking GM to assist with the repair cost.
Thanks for your help.
<!-- / message -->