Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Off-Roading Guides
Print Wikipost

wtf?! 2wd Z71?!

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2008, 1:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wtf?! 2wd Z71?!

good point
Old February 1st, 2008, 1:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Hey, weather your crawling through rocks and ravines, or mudding, or racing, it's all offroad! If you're doing 80 across a dirt track, you don't need 4x4, in fact it would just slow you down, and yeah, you need a lift for that.
I started this thread just to ask about 2wd Z71. the question has been answered. go read a book or something. sheesh...
Old February 1st, 2008, 4:29 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dleonard2844
you don't need 4x4
you need a lift for that.
If a lift is such a wonderful thing then why aren't military Humvee's lifted there Einstein?
You should probably try reading a book or two, maybe you'd learn something.
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:30 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

ORIGINAL: dleonard2844
you don't need 4x4
you need a lift for that.
If a lift is such a wonderful thing then why aren't military Humvee's lifted there Einstein?
You should probably try reading a book or two, maybe you'd learn something.
zx1100 - its funny every time i check out a thread on this site you have like 5 different post and you are usually trying to make someone look dumb. Take a breath, get a life, try talking to a girl- they dont bite really.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Well, you're right, I havn't read a book about them. I just drive and maintain them and install communications in them, thats all.

First of all,you're talking about two toootaly differant vehicles. Our Chevy's are everyday vehicles that we like to play with. some of the things we do require modifications.

A Military humvee comes stock with more clearance than our Chevy's, much larger wheel wells, and (if i recall correctly) 35 inch tires. THAT is why they don't need lifts. Alsoooo, one of the ideas behind the design of an A-series (military) humvee is low center of gravity, to help prevent rollover, and to keep a lower profile. A lift would defeat these purposes, now wouldn't it?!

I'm trying to keep everything copastic here, and you're making that difficult... Anything else to say there, "super member"?
Old February 4th, 2008, 12:42 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow this turned into quite a flaming thread....lol many different opinions.....on a side note as for ZX comment about military hummers not being lifted.....TRUE they are not, HOWEVER they do come completely locked, snorkled, capable of water over the or at least up to the windshield...stock 37s tires......with those stats I will take it over a lift any day.....put a 'true' locker ina 2WD and it becomes VERY capable as well nota G80 locker a real locker.........

there are many different ways to get to where you are going, take those 2WD drive race buggies wehre we go and they wont go far, nor will a 2WD truck, a stock height truck not likely either, unless it is all locked up.....lift give clearance, well they allow for bigger tires which give you more clearance your diffs are still hanging down...anyhow....but that is a whole other thread.

as for offroading...depends on what your doing mud, sand racing, rocks...I wouldnt want to fly over a rock pile at 80mph in a 2wd buggy either.... WOOOOOOOooooOOHoooOOO[]
Old February 4th, 2008, 1:57 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't want this to get too out of hand and have people pissed off at each other. Flaming isn't tolerated. Thread locked.

[sm=closed.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif]
Old April 13th, 2012, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

idk whats wrong with your friends truck but i have a z71 single cab silverado and it did pretty well in the mud i didnt get stuck and its 2wd. I have seen 4x4s get stuck in the mud before
Old April 13th, 2012, 5:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And I do think a lift is more attractive than standard height.
Old April 14th, 2012, 9:04 AM
CF Junior Member

they put the package on just for looks thas all

Quick Reply: wtf?! 2wd Z71?!