Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

04 Silverado Center Console

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2007, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Silverado Center Console

Ok so I just bought this truck and I can not get the small center console to open up. It was also like this on another 01 silverado I looked at, so I figured maybe it is a common problem. Can anyone tell me if there is a secret way to get these open, since the push lever does not seem to work. Thanks and good to be a silverado owner!! Will be asking alot the next few weeks
Old May 17th, 2007, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 04 Silverado Center Console

If you have the center console that is the fold down backrest, than the problem is a little rubber eraser looking thing inside the latch mechanism. It keeps the console from unlatching when in the up position. It usuall gets stuck or jamed because of junk that found it's way into the console latch hole. If you can get your console open, you can very carefully pry up the coin holder part (front part where the latch hole is). It is held in with the same kind of compresion fastners as the door panels and kick panel covers. Once off you can see all the parts of the latch and clean things up. A little dry lube dosen't hurt either.