Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

'07 Remington Edition..EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2007, 9:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 Remington Edition..EXHAUST

I just bought a 2007 Silverado Remington Edition. It came with factory dual exhaust, however it isnt a "true" dual exhaust. I want to replace the muffler that's on it. Does anyone know what sizes the the inlet and outlet are? Also any suggestions on what to replace the muffler with???? I was thinking a Flowmaster 40 ?
Old August 25th, 2007, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: '07 Remington Edition..EXHAUST

Hey remington, I just purchased a 07' siverado with the 5.3 gas motor and am starting to look into preformance possablities, I talked to the dealer and a local exhaust shop that i have used in the past who is known for custom systems. 1st of all the dealer told me if i replace the exhuast it Would void any exhaust related claims, but i doubt that would ever be a issue, secondly the muffler shop suggested a CAT BACK system by Megaflow, basically they would replace the muffler with one that crosses the flow from side to side and then split into dual pipes, he said that there are O2 sensors in front and behind the catalitic convertors, and that ya dont wanna remove them! he quoted me around 375$ for the system, I am guessing you have chevy's cat back system which sounds like the Megaflow system, you might find some true dual system out there but Id be prepared to pay the big bucks and your truck may not run well after that!, if you do id be willing to buy your chevy cat back system?
Old August 25th, 2007, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

You wouldnt want my stock dual exhaust....It sounds just like a damn regular exhaust....That's why i want to replace the muffler with a louder one...I think i am going to get the Flowmaster Super44. are the inlet and outlet's 2.25' ???
Old August 25th, 2007, 10:32 PM
CF Active Member

Remington08
Chevy has two mufflers availble. They have a touring muffler which is low and mellow with no drone on the freeway and a performance muffler which is louder. I can't speak for the performance muffler but I have thetouring muffler with the duel catback exhaust and it will sound off when you stick your foot in it. Keep it all Chevy and you don't have to worry aboutdifferent inlet and outlet sizes.I hope that helps.
Old September 13th, 2007, 9:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Just go to an exhaust shop and get a 40 or 44 flowmaster single on dual out set up mine was $280 out the door on my 05 and sounds great.