Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2000 Chevy Silverdo 1500 Stock Radio Display Problem

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2014, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Chevy Silverdo 1500 Stock Radio Display Problem

I just reinstalled the factory radio and the LCD display will not stay on, It comes on for about 1 second as i cycle the key from off to accessory mode.
It comes on for that 1 second everytime I try. Does anyone know how to get it to stay on? it is just the display the radio or cd continues to play.

Update: As I continued to cycle the key it now stays on all the time while in accessory mode but as soon as i turn the key 1 click further to start the truck the display goes out and at that same time the compass and outside temp.on the rear veiw mirror and all the lights on the dash come on. When I turn the key back to accessory mode the radio display comes on and the dash lights and compass and temp all go out. It is like it is out of sync. Also now if i turn the key to off and take it out the display does stay on until i open the door. Still no display while the engine is running.

2nd update: I also found out that in accessory mode and in off when the display is on and i turn my headlights or park lights it makes the display go off. and as soon as I turn the headlights back to off the display comes back on. Also if this helps my headlights are unaffected by the headlight switch they are on at all times when the key is on, the only way I can get them to go out is if i start the truck with the park brake pushed down one click.

Last edited by fastrack12003; October 11th, 2014 at 3:54 PM.