Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2002 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2010, 8:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2002 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Door Locks

Ok, here is the problem. Doors will not lock or unlock with keyfob, nor switches on either door. But the locks do work, because it locks itself and sets the alarm when you close any door. Only way in the truck is with the key, which is good, but then you have to start the engine to cancel the alarm. All fuses are good.

I have been up all night looking online for answers or troubleshooting info, but finding nothing. This is our main mode of transportation, so need a quick fix short of spending a fortune at the dealer$.

Any ideas?
Old August 11th, 2010, 1:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi grogan5,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

I just replaced my driver-side door switch yesterday, it was causing all manner of hate and discontent, because door locks, windows, and mirrors all refused to answer. At 211$ a pop out the door, you want to eliminate everything else as a potential problem first.

First, try reprogramming your key fob. Do a thread search here for "Key Fob" and "reprogramming".
Old August 12th, 2010, 6:39 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the response. Will try the key fob reprogram, but doubt that is the problem as the locks will not operate with any of the door switches either. The doors would even lock with the key in the switch after you close the door. Not supposed to happen. I have done all the obvious, looked for bad wiring, fuzes, relays, etc. Has to be a switch or lock solenoid, but I understand it could be any one of them causing a problem.

Scary thing is, I got home yesterday afternoon, had my key at the ready to shut off the alarm when I opened the door, and nothing happened. All is back to normal. Everything is working now. Now afraid its going to happen again with my wife or one of my girls, out away from home somewhere.

I was able to find a switch at lmctruck.com for $99. I will start there if I have more problems. I do not want to pull door skins unless absolutely neccesary.

Last edited by grogan5; August 12th, 2010 at 6:42 AM.
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:18 AM
CF Beginner

The grimlins are back. Now the locks are operating all the time. I walked outside Sunday morning and I could hear the locks cycling from 20 feet away. They are also cycling while driving down the road. We have even taken the batteries out of the key fobs, thinking maybe there was a problem with fob. The locks are still cycling on and off even with the fobs disabled. All fuses are good. No broken wires that I can find.

Anyone that has had this problem, have you found a solution?