Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 5:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Brakes
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado cruise control is not working

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2011, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2008 silverado is doing the same thing. Cruise control not working and also tow/haul botton on shifter not working. The dealership put on a brake controler about a week and a half ago. cruise stopped working about 2 days ago. I just left the dealership where they supposedly fixed it. Any clues about what is going on?
Old August 3rd, 2011, 9:51 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suspect the stop light switch especially when you say your brake lights are acting up.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ccook,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I just want to make sure we are on the same page. You said that you just left the dealership. Did you go back to your dealership and have them fix your cruise control? If so, is it still malfunctioning?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 4th, 2011, 6:14 PM
CF Beginner

I didn't have time to go back to the dealership because we were leaving for the beach the next day. On the way to the beach the problem continued and once I noticed the cruise did work but the cruise light on the dash didnt come on. I had a brake controler put on at the dealership and they said the wiring for it was fine. On the way to the beach the trailer brakes stopped working for a while then they came back on. Camper I was towing was about 7000 lbs. so brakes are a must. Seems like others are having similar problems. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old August 5th, 2011, 1:41 PM
Official GM Rep

ccook,

I encourage you to have your dealership take a look to see if they can find the issue. If they can’t, let me know and I will get another team involved.

Thank you,

Old August 7th, 2011, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

We just got back from the beach last night and the problems persist. Now the climate control is mulfunctioning. It blows cold air on the passenger side and hot air on the driver side. I had both sides set on 60. Im going to contact the guy that sold me the truck at the dealership and see if they can take it in today. Thanks for your help Elizabeth. Is there an email I can use to keep you up to date with or will you regularly check this thread? Thanks again. Carlton
Old August 9th, 2011, 9:15 AM
Official GM Rep

ccook,

I do my best to monitor the threads I have posted on. If you could e-mail me at socialmedia@gm.com and put ATTN Elizabeth in the subject line, I would appreciate it. I monitor many different forums and sometimes it is hard to remember every post I have ever made. I look forward to your e-mail.

Thank you,

Old August 21st, 2011, 9:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default Intermittent Cruise Control solved

I had the same intermittent Cruise Control problem on my 07 Avalanche LTZ. It would work for a while, then just stop engaging. It would start working next time you started up the truck... for a while.
I saw postings in here that it was the brake switch. I tried trouble shooting it... when it was working, I just tapped side of brake pedal and sure enough it tripped it off. I bought a new brake switch rom Chev Dealer ($32.00) and changed it... pretty easy to do.
I noticed that the white grease from the original line installation seemed to be getting into the button on old switch... likely the root cause of the whole problem.
Thanks to others in here for all your help!
Old August 22nd, 2011, 9:11 PM
CF Beginner

You may want to look into getting updated programs in your trucks computer. I was having cruise control problems and also my tow/haul button wasnt working sometimes. Occasionally the temp. compass display would go out too. Most importantly my brake controler would stop working while towing about 7000lbs. and thats not cool. The dealership that sold me the truck said the wiring must be wrong and they wouldnt fix it even though the wiring was done at a Chevy dealership. Truck was still under waranty. I finally went to Terry Labonte Chevrolet and they did a great job at fixing my issues. It seems the wiring was correct. Its probably hard to fix something that only sometimes happens but the new programs seemed to work.
Old August 30th, 2011, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Smile A/C problems

Originally Posted by ccook
We just got back from the beach last night and the problems persist. Now the climate control is mulfunctioning. It blows cold air on the passenger side and hot air on the driver side. I had both sides set on 60. Im going to contact the guy that sold me the truck at the dealership and see if they can take it in today. Thanks for your help Elizabeth. Is there an email I can use to keep you up to date with or will you regularly check this thread? Thanks again. Carlton
Did you resolve your A/C mix-up problem? I had the exact same thing happen in my 07 LTZ Avalanche after I changed the battery in the ruck. So, I just disconnected the battery and reconnected after a few minutes. Started truck back and they resyn'd and both worked fine.

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado cruise control is not working