Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2014 Chevrolet Silverado squeak

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2014, 3:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Chevrolet Silverado squeak

Hello,

I have a 2014 chevrolet silverado 1500 LT 4wd double cab and have had a very annoying squeak coming from the center console area. I also hear it when I shut the driver side door. I traced the squeak under the truck leading me to the passenger side and into the cab. Has anybody else had this squeak on their 14 truck?

Sean
Old August 13th, 2014, 9:16 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by s34n
Hello,

I have a 2014 chevrolet silverado 1500 LT 4wd double cab and have had a very annoying squeak coming from the center console area. I also hear it when I shut the driver side door. I traced the squeak under the truck leading me to the passenger side and into the cab. Has anybody else had this squeak on their 14 truck?

Sean
Hi Sean,

I can definitely understand how frustrating an unwanted squeak in your vehicle can be. I will be happy to contact your dealership and discuss this further with them. If the extra help is needed, please feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name. Looking forward to helping with your concern!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 19th, 2014, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeaky noise in the bed area..

Originally Posted by s34n
Hello,

Sean
Mine does the same thing, ive had it to the dealer numerous times and the only thing they came up with was it must be because it has the Z71 package. So I replied well your telling me all z71 trucks with this package makes noises... He kinda laughed and said he wasnt sure.. WTF you just said that was the problem. I explained to him that I just paid $53,000 for a new truck that makes more noises then my old 1994 silverado does..He said I was the only one who has complained about the noises and he checked with GM and they have never heard of this problem. Crazy but now I wanna get rid of this truck for this reason.. What was the fix if any..?