Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

91 1500k losing power

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2011, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 1500k losing power

In July we fired up my truck which had been sitting for about 2 years or so. For the past few months I've been having issues with my truck losing power and dying on me while driving down the road. We replaced the MAP sensor, fuel filter and the fuel pump. It worked fine for about a month and then the same issue started happening. It seems to run fine when I am cruising down the road but if I take off from a stop light, it will act funny and then die. I can usually start it right back up. I have been getting Error Code 44. The injectors appear to spitting fuel properly. May have another bad fuel pump....dunno. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old January 25th, 2011, 8:32 PM
CF Beginner

My experience with power loss on acceleration has been due to simple things like plugged converter, fuel supply, like loose carb plate from the gasket drying out or plugged filter (fuel or air)being you are fuel injected and the vehicle had been sitting I would start with the simple things they are usually cheaper than injectors or fuelpump

Thats just my two cents
Old January 26th, 2011, 8:49 AM
CF Beginner

We did check the gasket by spraying carb cleaner all around the base. The motor was running and it didn't seem affect it at all. So we didn't think the gasket was bad. We did replace the air filter in the very beginning. We also checked the fuel injectors and they were getting the right amount of voltage. Will see about checking the converter though...thanks!