Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

ABS Issue

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2014, 11:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Issue

I know this topic has been discussed here a hundred times but I'm having some persistent issues with the ABS engaging at low speeds (5 mph or so) on my 2004 Silverado.

I've cleaned the hub surfaces for both front wheel ABS sensors based on the GM service bulletin. While I did that I also had the battery disconnected for a good long while. After putting it back together I took it for a test drive and everything worked fine for about 5 miles and then the same problem popped up again.

Next I replaced both ABS wheel sensors which yielded similar results. It fixed it for about 5 miles and then the same problems popped up.

I'm going to double check the resistance of the ABS sensors today to verify they meet specs but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has any other ideas. I'm at a loss at this point. I thought I remember hearing there's a third sensor on the transmission but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Also, the ABS light isn't illuminated on the dash.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!