Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

adding back up cam to fac nav unit

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2011, 1:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding back up cam to fac nav unit

I have 2007 (NBS) Silverado Z71 LTZ with factory navigation that I want to add the back up camera to.

I've done some searching and I know this has been addressed but I'm going to ask again as most of the info I found was out of date or over my head.

How can I add the back up cam to my factory nav unit? I rad in one old post that you can simply buy a Kenwood camera and a harness from JP Customs and it would be easy to hook up - would just have to have the dealer do something to my nav unit to make the camera active.

Is it that simple? I did a search for JP Customs and it seems they are no longer around.

What other route can I take? I want something that looks factory and is easy to hook up since I don't have any experience in wiring or installing anything like this.

Thanks,
Old January 4th, 2011, 6:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the same boat. I just got my truck last weekend and today got the windows tinted. I asked the guys who did my windows if they could wire up a backup camera...and said no problem. I didn't get a price, though. I know it is like $900 at the dealership.