Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

For all you techs out there...

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2009, 1:33 PM
Ride of the Month
August 2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For all you techs out there...

I had to clip my ABS from the hub due to the long travel kit I put on. Now my dash is lit up like a christmas tree. The truck runs and brakes fine. How can I get rid of the "Service Brake System" that pops up in my odometer display and I figure I could just unplug or cover the lights in the cluster so the lights don't show up.

I thought there was a scanner that can clear these types of codes in your cpu. Anyone?

Deez
Old June 27th, 2009, 3:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, sucks, don't it? Unless the PCM is willing to accept that these sensors have been removed permanently(not likely, knowing GM) you're going to have to do something creative to your dash. Basically, yes, you can reach the CPM thru the OBD II plug under your dash, and change the general parameters, like gears or tire size. There's no paradigm for completely removing the ABS-if there were, no doubt there'd be a long line of people doing just that. I know with what I'm paying, for my money, when I lock up my wheels, I want them to stay locked up till I let off the pedal,also.

GM corporation hates anybody (who isn't slaving their guts out in a GM dealership) who turns a wrench, they proved this when they bankrupted themselves on billions of dollars R&D over 60 years designing and manufacturing strictly proprietary vehicle systems instead of openly competing with their rivals and making tough commuter cars. Their hatred of us goes so deep they have proven they would rather die before letting up and making a vehicle we can fix ourselves.

Maybe in the future, America will have a car company that doesn't arrogantly and spitefully despise us, the people, their customers. But until then, you and I, and millions of others like us will have to plumb our imagination and creative essences to counteract the damage done by 250,000$-a -year design engineers (backed by complete departments and shops) wholly on purpose to our cars and trucks.

Last edited by therewolf; June 27th, 2009 at 3:27 PM.
Old June 27th, 2009, 6:07 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You May be able to unplug the EBCM (electronic brake control module) which may turn off the light but it may turn on the check engine light. Why not just extend the wire on the Abs sensors?
Old July 12th, 2009, 2:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EFI Live and somebody that knows how to run it should be able too take care of it
Old July 12th, 2009, 2:39 PM
Ride of the Month
August 2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any ideas on where to search?

Deez