Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Help!!! Clicking noise coming from rear of truck

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2012, 2:51 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen U-Joints go bad without any slack in them. If the noise sounds like a loud creaking or breaking glass, and it increases with speed, then it probably is the U Joints.
Old June 14th, 2018, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My truck is making a clicking noise

Originally Posted by Tylermcgill
I'm having the same problem with my 2000 1500, I buried the rear end of the truck in a creek and it stayed underwater all night, now the rear end makes all kinda racket such as a sound similar to my tires roaring and a grinding sound when I'm barely going, and also a clicking sound when I turn sharp, climb a hill, or when I "floor it" any ideas? (it's also got a 4 inch lift with 31.5 inch tires)
its almost sounding like when you put something in the spikes of a bike like a clicking noise it it used to only do it on hills now it’s getting louder
The following users liked this post:
VaShon Driver (February 19th, 2020)
Old July 24th, 2018, 2:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bailey Gallaher (BGFishing)

its almost sounding like when you put something in the spikes of a bike like a clicking noise it it used to only do it on hills now it’s getting louder
That's exactly how I would describe it. Very weird, very random. My 97 k1500 just started doing that a week ago. Nothing, NOTHING looks or feels out of place, and cannot get it to make the sound when/where I can hear it. Always while I'm driving for a few second, and usually after I've stopped at a light or similar. Will post if/when I figure it out
Old July 24th, 2018, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bell housing bolts and fly wheel bolts somehow came loose over time and I tightened them and so far so good knock on wood lol
Old February 19th, 2020, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default Knocking coming from middle of truck

Hi, my name is Shon. I have a 1992 Chevy Silverado extended cab. One day I started my truck and put it in reverse NOTHING. BUT WHEN I PUT it in drive it started knocking, it sounded like it was coming from the middle, the faster I drove the louder it got. It only happens when I go forward. So I thought, No it does it even in reverse and it sounds like my truck is about to split into. Could it be my U- joints
Old February 23rd, 2020, 2:18 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

could be u-joint or flex plate
Old December 13th, 2022, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default Help

Originally Posted by Sthrnaorms
That's exactly how I would describe it. Very weird, very random. My 97 k1500 just started doing that a week ago. Nothing, NOTHING looks or feels out of place, and cannot get it to make the sound when/where I can hear it. Always while I'm driving for a few second, and usually after I've stopped at a light or similar. Will post if/when I figure it out
My 2019 Chevy Silverado does the SAME thing - has anyone figured out what this clicking noise is?