Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Looks like I just traded in for a 2015 HD2500.. Mylink question..

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2014, 12:28 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like I just traded in for a 2015 HD2500.. Mylink question..

I've read about as much as I can on it. I see there's a Weather Channel app on some of the videos I've seen. Is this an app that is available on all of the radios? How do you download it? (your phone's wifi hotspot?)

Is anyone is out there that has used it I'd like to know if it does have weather radar coming across your screen?

Thanks...

G..
Old July 28th, 2014, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

I have this truck. The Weather app is already in the system and uses data downloaded from SiriusXM to give you forecasts and radar. It's a subscription service. The radar only zooms down to the state level, though. My phone can zoom a radar app down to street level, so I'll be letting that subscription expire and will use my phone for weather information.

I will, however, keep NavTraffic. That's the subscription that downloads traffic data to your nav system via SiriusXM.
Old July 28th, 2014, 1:36 PM
CF Active Member

Default I see the zoom in is very poor. Subscription and pay for that?

Also the Navigation maps are wonderful but the routing and the ETA is horrendous. The ETA for even an hour trip is always overstated by at least 30 minutes. (You get to watch it self correct when you get about 2/3 the way there as it starts to shave minutes off in bunches.)

Is it going to learn ETA and routing or is this thing hopelessly outclassed by the Garmin that was inside my old Kenwood? (Garmins are always within a few minutes even on a long trip.) One of the things that was most noticeable was when the gal tells you to drive and await instructions even though you know the highway you'll turn on is 88 miles away. It seems incapable of processing a long route.

I even tried putting stops along the way to force it to go the route I wanted to take and still the ETA is so far off. I've only had it for a couple weeks so I'm hoping for an update or a learning experience by the radio.

Thanks... G..