Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

lowerin?

Search this Thread

Old November 6th, 2008, 11:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowerin?

lookin to lower my 04 4wd....any do this or have any ideas where to get the proper linkages and shackles?

trevor
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:39 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: lowerin?

just two questions why and how low you want
Old November 7th, 2008, 6:49 AM
CF Beginner

groundforce makes it i just looked in to it for my 08 4wd a 2-4 drop to give it a sporty look it was about 1k localy and that was new springs in the rear and knuckles up front. besides if you lift most of the kits change the knuckles on these trucks and the stock rim and tire combo dont work they hit the taller knuckles besides i got to look at a 2008 hd with a 6" lift and he couldnt clear anything bigger than a 35" tire w/o cutting body, but the truck looked funny cause it had like 14" of wheel well gap due to the way the wheel well shaped
Old November 7th, 2008, 1:34 PM
CF Junior Member

dont really used the 4wd drive that much...just on the beach fishing....and in the snowy weather...i know it sounds stupid but i want a good stance to it to go along with my 22s..looks good now...but a 2-4 drop would suit me just fine....when thats been accomplished im goin to bag the rear so i still have the towing capacity ...still lookin for the right kit..... i hear djm has one...but cant find anyone that sells it... any other suggestions?

trevor
Old November 7th, 2008, 3:18 PM
CF Active Member

well as far as the rear goes you can order the shackle hanger kit for a 2wd the front im not too sure havnt ever looked for one for anyone