Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

My new 2015 MyLink GPS is bad enough on ETA's but worthless unless stopped.

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2015, 12:51 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new 2015 MyLink GPS is bad enough on ETA's but worthless unless stopped.

And we're not talking about doing any programming while driving. I have to get my cell phone out if we're in a busy highway area and missed a turn off as this one goes into lockdown mode that doesn't seem to affect looking all over for radio stations on your XM but just to hit recent destinations requires you to stop the truck.

Is there any common sense at Chevrolet at all? I can sure understand that as bad as the program seems to be written that you really don't want to compare it with a top of the line product such as your reliable Garmin. But notwithstanding it's non ability to figure out an ETA of 120 miles on an interstate and getting within even 30 minutes of actual travel time the non ability to even press the scroll button while moving to pick out a recent destination is just unforgivable.

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't spend a lot of time looking at my GPS (Garmin) in my work truck. When I'm leaving a new found area I just hit the recent finds button and pick out something in the direction I'm going so it takes me out of the neighborhood I'm in and then quickly shut it off once into familiar territory.

I understand you can now buy the hack but that's ridiculous. (Plus you have to take out the radio and send it off.) What about a passenger pressing a button on a trip. No online permission is given like on almost every other GPS. Nope. Your new Chevy has to be brought to a halt so even the passenger can play with it.

Please realize the browse button on the XM channel in MyLink is much more hazardous then a scroll button on your GPS.

While I'm on here does anyone know if there has been any updates to the GPS recently?

G..
Old May 3rd, 2015, 4:25 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by guvner
And we're not talking about doing any programming while driving. I have to get my cell phone out if we're in a busy highway area and missed a turn off as this one goes into lockdown mode that doesn't seem to affect looking all over for radio stations on your XM but just to hit recent destinations requires you to stop the truck.

Is there any common sense at Chevrolet at all? I can sure understand that as bad as the program seems to be written that you really don't want to compare it with a top of the line product such as your reliable Garmin. But notwithstanding it's non ability to figure out an ETA of 120 miles on an interstate and getting within even 30 minutes of actual travel time the non ability to even press the scroll button while moving to pick out a recent destination is just unforgivable.

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't spend a lot of time looking at my GPS (Garmin) in my work truck. When I'm leaving a new found area I just hit the recent finds button and pick out something in the direction I'm going so it takes me out of the neighborhood I'm in and then quickly shut it off once into familiar territory.

I understand you can now buy the hack but that's ridiculous. (Plus you have to take out the radio and send it off.) What about a passenger pressing a button on a trip. No online permission is given like on almost every other GPS. Nope. Your new Chevy has to be brought to a halt so even the passenger can play with it.

Please realize the browse button on the XM channel in MyLink is much more hazardous then a scroll button on your GPS.

While I'm on here does anyone know if there has been any updates to the GPS recently?

G..
Hey G,

We truly understand your frustrations with the technology within your new truck. This is certainly not the kind of impression we wanted to give you, and we appreciate the feedback that you have!

In regarding a new update, have you inquired with your dealership about this? They will be in the best position to look into this further and determine if a new update is available. If you need any additional assistance with this, please let us know in a private message. We are always happy to help the best way possible!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 3rd, 2015, 11:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As a Cherolet customer care person how about some homework...

I've gotten the same message on here over the last year from other Chevrolet Reps. Why don't you as our valued Chevrolet customer care person check on that for us Chevrolet owners. My tag says what I have. I mean this very sincerely. My next truck will not be a Chevrolet if this isn't fixed. I actually had this truck brought in from a dealer 300 miles away so I could have the GPS. I'd sure like that mileage back as it wasn't worth it.

I am not the only one saying this. Read around. Take action. Ask someone to do something about it. Embarrassing unit that as I've said before I'd fire the programmer by the weekend for this effort. I did some research and it's supposedly made by Nokia's "Here" Maps. I can't believe they wouldn't fix this to keep a customer.

Awaiting your fast answer.
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by guvner
I've gotten the same message on here over the last year from other Chevrolet Reps. Why don't you as our valued Chevrolet customer care person check on that for us Chevrolet owners. My tag says what I have. I mean this very sincerely. My next truck will not be a Chevrolet if this isn't fixed. I actually had this truck brought in from a dealer 300 miles away so I could have the GPS. I'd sure like that mileage back as it wasn't worth it.

I am not the only one saying this. Read around. Take action. Ask someone to do something about it. Embarrassing unit that as I've said before I'd fire the programmer by the weekend for this effort. I did some research and it's supposedly made by Nokia's "Here" Maps. I can't believe they wouldn't fix this to keep a customer.

Awaiting your fast answer.
I would be more than happy to bring this to the attention of a technical resource on your behalf. Please send me a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and the preferred dealership. We will do our best to work towards a resolution. Thank you.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 11th, 2015, 8:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not taking sides....but, do you really want to be on the road with a guy who is spending his time fiddling with destinations on a GPS or driving. I personally don't have a problem pulling over to "screw" with the GPS. Driving is just that, DRIVING! OK....sermon over.