Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

New to the forum...couple questions about my truck

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2008, 6:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum...couple questions about my truck

My name is Jorden, just moved to San Antonio Texasfrom Toledo Ohio area. I had a 1996 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 5.7L for my first vehicle and it had 311,000 miles on it when I had it and when I sold it she had about 370k miles, but ran like it was brand new. Then I bought a 94 Firebird thenI hated not having a truck. I just bought a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 w/ 100,700 miles. It has 17" American Racing Wheels w/ 305/65R17 Pro Comp Xtreme AT tires (yes I get a little rubbage when I turn it too sharp).

Questions:

1. I feel some what of a "jerk" in the rear (like a transmission going bad) in first to second gear. When I hit about 1500-2000RPMs and shifts to 2nd it feels like a jerk like if you were pulling a trailer or something and slow down and speed back up quick. Know what I mean? But its only in 1st shifting to 2nd.

2. Does anyone have a Wheel Hub for the front right (passenger side) they are trying to get rid of? I have stud missing on that side (now its a 5 stud instead of 6 lol).

3. I just bought some M14 1.50" lug nuts (I'm missing 2)but w/ the AR wheels on there they aren't long enough...Any help?
Old November 30th, 2008, 8:09 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: New to the forum...couple questions about my truck

1. The 4l60e is an adaptive shift trans. Clear the computer w/a scan tool or disconnect battery (turn on lights to bleed capacitors).
If that doesnt help, drop pan & check for your filter sitting in it. Also check for a beat up 1-2 solenoid from someone prying pan out
when servicing it (middle solenoid in back). You should unbolt exhaust from manifolds to get the proper clearance for pan removal. Most people wont drop exhaust & beat the crap outta the solenoids.

2. 1 wheel stud at the parts store is cheaper than a hub.

Old November 30th, 2008, 10:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: New to the forum...couple questions about my truck

Thank you very much. When I test drove the truck it had the hard shift and told the dealer that I wanted that checked out before I bought it. He took it to his tranmission guy and the said result was too much fluid in the trans, so he changed it out and they said he changed the filter and what not, so it could be from them prying like you said. I will probably get it checked out because I am not very mechanically inclined. lol. How much it cost to repair a solenoid like you said?